• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zeroaltitude
    replied
    Re: Dark agents who are in need of assistance

Hello,

Penni, not bad questions at all.

* If you're at the point of the hhv quest in which you are supposed to enter your badge ID, you must find a way to get that ID from the badge, and then simply type the whole thing into the daemon
    * The linked pastebin is indeed gone -- it was a piece of the history of the game that was only relevant to the portion that took place during DefCon 22
    * The Morse code quest has been updated so it can now be completed entirely online -- there is a link to a relevant video of the object that was present at the con
    * I believe the ASL quest was always capable of being completed entirely online -- if I am mistaken about this, our team can work to try to make sure that it is

Thank you for the questions, and have fun in the DarkNet!

0a

Leave a comment:

• Penni-piper
    replied

This is most likely a really dumb questio, but how do i send my badge id to the daemon? also the daemon links to a pastebin that isnt there anymore.

are we still able to do any of the quests that were at the con itself ? like the morse code or asl?

Leave a comment:

• krux
    replied

Originally posted by Nebari View Post
    I wasn't able to participate during the con, but I was hoping to do as much as possible after. Is there a place I could purchase the DEFCON Darknet ID Badge kit?
    We'll be posting the design files and BOM. My goal is to have a easy way you can order the board and parts.

Leave a comment:

• Nebari
    replied

I wasn't able to participate during the con, but I was hoping to do as much as possible after. Is there a place I could purchase the DEFCON Darknet ID Badge kit?

Leave a comment:

• greymaiden
    replied

I got my code and got the other code. Still puzzling out those flag letters and code snippet though. . .

Leave a comment:

• zeroaltitude
    replied

I do apologize to stuck agents out in the field -- we're working hard on the contest that will go live for the con. But we will get back to you on these questions! Just be patient with us for the next uhm, eleventy six hours.

0a

Leave a comment:

• counterglitch
    replied

Stuck too. Am I supposed to have received a PM here? Or should I be looking around for clues in the thread? The naval signal flags lead me nowheres.

Leave a comment:

• exlim
    replied

I was wondering if I could get some help with what comes after /1434/, as I've tried the white letters and everything else I could think of. Where do I need to be looking?

Leave a comment:

• Dolfan
    replied

After decoding the ceaser cypher you need to answer the plaintext question. I read the book last year as a result of last year's DarkNet and it's a great read for the plane.

-Dolfan

Originally posted by greymaiden View Post
    I can't quite tell if there's more to do after the ceaser cypher. Is that it for the teaser until the con?

Man, I was just messing around with the website. Guess I should go a)drop my name on the agent list and b)pull the book down on my kindle and read it on the plane.

That was fun. I haven't messed around with steganography in a while! Thanks :)

greymaiden
    over.

Leave a comment:

• greymaiden
    replied

I can't quite tell if there's more to do after the ceaser cypher. Is that it for the teaser until the con?

Man, I was just messing around with the website. Guess I should go a)drop my name on the agent list and b)pull the book down on my kindle and read it on the plane.

That was fun. I haven't messed around with steganography in a while! Thanks :)

greymaiden
    over.

Leave a comment:

• zeroaltitude
    replied

Hello, ButterSnatcher,

Check the linked story for the right link to perform the stego (look around, be watchful). When considering what password to try, consider significant names from the story. The output will not be a hash, but rather, something understandable.

Take care, and good luck.

0a

Leave a comment:

• ButterSnatcher
    replied

Originally posted by Nch&ted View Post
    I'm already stuck on the steganography. I can't figure out the key.

Ha! I am so slow. Got it though. :-)
    Without giving away too much i found something that looks like a hash of some sort but doesn't seem to work and can't figure out what to do with it. Hint ?

stuck on stego

Leave a comment:

• Nch&ted
    replied

Originally posted by sigmetxray View Post
    Any dark agents held up with the teaser, we are here for you. Hit me up.
    I'm already stuck on the steganography. I can't figure out the key.

Ha! I am so slow. Got it though. :-)
    Last edited by Nch&ted; July 23, 2014, 15:44.

Leave a comment:

• n3rdch1ck
    replied

Happy to give assistance with the teaser. Can hit me up here or twittter @n3rdch1ck. I'm on pretty much 24/7.

Leave a comment:

• n3rdch1ck
    replied

nvrmnd ty anyway
    Last edited by n3rdch1ck; July 22, 2014, 15:42.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X