• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAWCR
    replied
    Originally posted by c0nv3r9
    You read it?? dood!!!! It said not to... heheh
    Heck no I didn't read it....I have a friend from Morroco that read it too me....I would never be so dishonest....

Only problem I had was understanding the accent of a non-tech trying to figure out the words...haha

Leave a comment:

• converge
    replied
    You read it?? dood!!!! It said not to... heheh

Leave a comment:

• FAWCR
    replied
    So the concensus is that RH is the nix version of MS? Turned so corporate that they are only interested in the bottom line of the balance sheet?

hmmm...I guess that is why they are such tight partners with IBM. That is too bad.

So the question in mind then is if everybody is reading it....could that info be used to ship us to Cuba for military tribunals? After all those are for Non-US Citizens.....

Leave a comment:

• octalpus
    replied
    Originally posted by Chris
    There can be only one (Linux) and that is Slackware.
    Slackware is the one true path to enlightenment.

Leave a comment:

• Chris
    replied
    Originally posted by ck3k
    I know it anit any better then redhat but I like my mandrake.........:D
    There can be only one (Linux) and that is Slackware.

The rest are pretenders to the throne.

Leave a comment:

• ck3k
    replied
    So if a huge security fault was found only the rest of the world could know? DMCA is going a bit over the line.....ok maybe they just trampled the line. I know it anit any better then redhat but I like my mandrake.........:D

Leave a comment:

• converge
    replied
    Maybe I'm just in denial of how far out they have gone...

Leave a comment:

• Chris
    replied
    Originally posted by c0nv3r9
    This looks like a nice political ploy actually... it is available, but it is made distictly aware that the DMCA would prevent US folk from securing there system. Of course, they could have just thrown the patch out and no one would have known... but they decided to use it... as much as I dislike Redhat, they made a nice strike at it with this one.
    I disagree. RH is WAAAY to corporate to try to make a statement. Allow me to step off the grassy knoll and put my copy of the Warren Commision report away for a sec...

Ahem..
    Red Hat are a bunch of sheep. In my opinion they are literally afraid of prosecution for releasing details. To only release patch details overseas is poor business and they know it. They are just afraid that the DMCA will put a butt fuckin on them.

Leave a comment:

• converge
    replied
    This looks like a nice political ploy actually... it is available, but it is made distictly aware that the DMCA would prevent US folk from securing there system. Of course, they could have just thrown the patch out and no one would have known... but they decided to use it... as much as I dislike Redhat, they made a nice strike at it with this one.

Leave a comment:

• blackwave
    replied
    Re: DCMA putting security people in jail?

Originally posted by EMP
    Is this a political ploy against DCMA or just stupidity?
    When I first saw this I could only laugh at the madness...

Also when talking to a few cow-orkers, they explained that they had attempted to view the documentation on thefreeworld and because it was on slashdot at the time, was not available... but it was interesting that before being allowed to view the document there are a few rules that must be met (at least in your head):
    By continuing you warrant that you:
    * are not a citizen of the USA.
    ... yet quite a few people just disregarded this as if it were not there.

It is interesting to see how RH is handling this, it appears like a move to strike against the whole ridiculous understanding and representation ( which currently appears as a hinderance more than a help since those outside the US are not regulated for this knowledge of information, and by default would know "more" than those inside the US.).

Leave a comment:

• FAWCR
    started a topic DCMA putting security people in jail?

DCMA putting security people in jail?

I know that many of you have already beat the DCMA subject to death....but....what happens when it starts affecting security people doing thier jobs?

For example ISN had this article:
    http://www.theregus.com/content/4/26656.html

The bottom line you get from the article is that RedHat won't officially tell anybody from the US about what it found, or how to fix it.

Is this a political ploy against DCMA or just stupidity?
Working...
X