X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blackwave
    replied
    FYI

N 0.0000000 E 0.0000000 ( tmobile ) BBS ( 00:40:96:58:cc:6f ) 18:42:26 (GMT) [ 44 101 57 ] # ( ) 0001 0002 0
    N 32.8895617 W 117.2051733 ( tmobile ) BBS ( 00:40:96:57:61:09 ) 23:32:16 (GMT) [ 7 58 51 ] # ( ) 0001 0002 0

(see attached image)
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• ck3k
    replied
    I was thinking of walking into a starbucks and using the highspeed net all day long.......wonder how wierd they would think that was? Seems like a fairly anonymous way to get some highspeed net all over america. The fact they have rasied power means that soon the wifi war will rage on causeing thousands of APs to pop up, due to companies wanting to overpower competition.

side note.....I saw Microsofts WIFI stuff.....seems like microsoft wants people to think "hey they make windows, so there wifi must be better"

Leave a comment:

• mfreeck
    replied
    Re: Starbucks APs

Originally posted by ck3k
    As most of you know, starbucks has shiny new lil APs for some of its stores.
    For a little background on why I think tmobile is evil, try:
    http://www.oregonlive.com/news/orego...5810817580.xml

One update to this situation... PTP has upped the power on their AP, so apparently things are working a little better for those who want free bandwidth. I wouldn't know personally, since it's cold outside, and the bricks are damned hard.

Leave a comment:

• ck3k
    started a topic Starbucks APs

Starbucks APs

As most of you know, starbucks has shiny new lil APs for some of its stores. I took the time to stumble one and figured I would report back.

The AP is supposered/owed by T-Moblie "hot spot"
    The AP is using a CISCO Aironet card to transmit signal
    The AP uses channel 1
    The AP uses "tmoblie" as its SSID

These APs use sometype of filter/proxy so you see nothing beyond the splash screen on IE that urges you to spend 2.99 to have the broadband.

I will play with them further
Working...
X