X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• highwizard
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by TwinVega
    Okay, I guess I will say it this way, I really do not like the idea of most monitoring, but if the monitor notifies the "monitee" that they are being watched then t he "monitee" is allowed to change their behavior to suit the monitor.....

Hey, manatee's are cool ( http://www.homesafe.com/manatee/manatee-facts.html )...... Oh, you said Monitee's.

Leave a comment:

• TwinVega
    replied
    Okay, I guess I will say it this way, I really do not like the idea of most monitoring, but if the monitor notifies the "monitee" that they are being watched then t he "monitee" is allowed to change their behavior to suit the monitor.....

Leave a comment:

• highwizard
    Guest replied
    The cameras that take pictures of your car are jsut that, cameras that take pictures of your car, plus it notifies of it doing so. And the cameras that monitor public places are legal right now, but there is much controversy...I think those are good because it will lower crime rate, but monitoring internet access will not help one bit.
    Monitoring by the Gov or some Entity? Is that what you mean. Like it was discussed in another thread. Monitoring of your own children is a whole different ball game.

Leave a comment:

• TwinVega
    replied
    The cameras that take pictures of your car are jsut that, cameras that take pictures of your car, plus it notifies of it doing so. And the cameras that monitor public places are legal right now, but there is much controversy...I think those are good because it will lower crime rate, but monitoring internet access will not help one bit.

Leave a comment:

• highwizard
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by ck3k
    You walk anywhere these days and a camera will be waiting for you. I even heard that at defcon they have cameras taking pictures of you as you walk around the Alexis.

As long as they get my good side.

Leave a comment:

• ck3k
    replied
    You walk anywhere these days and a camera will be waiting for you. I even heard that at defcon they have cameras taking pictures of you as you walk around the Alexis.

Leave a comment:

• highwizard
    Guest replied
    I think speed limits are more comparible to filters than monitoring, I think monitoring network usage is a little too much, but I might see how filtering may be justified.

However, now they have those cameras that take your picture if you run red lights. So there is monitoring too.

Leave a comment:

• TwinVega
    replied
    Originally posted by ck3k
    I dont like being censored or being monitered.....guess I am gonna have to learn to deal with big brother breathing down my neck.
    I really do not like it, but as long as you are notified of it ahead of time, then at least you are able to decide if you want to do anything incriminating....speaking of such...where's BW lately?

Leave a comment:

• ck3k
    replied
    I think speed limits are more comparible to filters than monitoring, I think monitoring network usage is a little too much, but I might see how filtering may be justified.
    I dont like being censored or being monitered.....guess I am gonna have to learn to deal with big brother breathing down my neck.

Leave a comment:

• TwinVega
    replied

Leave a comment:

• converge
    replied
    Originally posted by highwizard
    So they are using our tax dollars because we get them the authority to do so.
    hrmm.. arguable, but they do get the authority from something a little less tangible

Leave a comment:

• highwizard
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by jetforce4004
    the government offers it for free but you are paying taxes so accualy you are paying for it.
    Right, we (as a nation, even if not you in perticular) elected these people that makes these laws. So they are using our tax dollars because we get them the authority to do so.

Leave a comment:

• Chris
    replied
    Originally posted by jetforce4004
    the government offers it for free but you are paying taxes so accualy you are paying for it.
    So? Your tax dollars pay for the roads too, but you can't use them without certain restrictions. Deal with it. ANY government program will have government restrictions. It SHOULD have some. Not everyone will agree with all those restrictions, but they are necessary so that the plurality of people can enjoy the resource.

Leave a comment:

• jetforce4004
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Chris
    replied
    Originally posted by /<3.
    Some libraries computers are being moderatored and installed with moderating sofware. Read the article at 2600 some were and heard it on of the hook

Even if i live in Canada thats still scary
    As should be expected, I am gonna take the opposite viewpoint here. Libraries are Government run facilities. They have a right to monitor/moderate anything they want to. If a person is using a Government (albeit local government) owned resource they should have no expectation of privacy. If you don't like what the Gov. has to offer to you FOR FREE then don't use it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X