No announcement yet.

Defcon Shoot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like fun. I been shooting the 50 lately . It almost take off my arm everytime . But it fun. Gots a good little kick too it.

Comment

Not sure if its been cleared up or not, but Nevada dosent honor any states concealed carry permit. They used to, but once they began to issue non-res permits they stopped recriprocating(sp?) with other states. As far as places to get non-res permits. Utah and Florida will do them by mail and you can take the training class in your local state. Nevada and Arizona offer non-res (well, not sure if AZ has started yet, but it passed) but you have to take a training course in THAT state. Oregon and Washington offer non-res permits as well. In WA there is no training course required, you call some PD up here and have them send you the paperwork, then fill it out and have your local PD fingerprint you, then mail it all back. Oregon dosent require a training class either, but you have to apply in person (and dont bother applying in Portland or surrounding areas, they dont even like Oregonians with guns, non local folks can go get fucked especialy if you are from CA).

When you get your non-res permit in Nevada, apply for it anywhere outside of Clark county. NV state law requires you to note the Make, Model, and Caliber of your carry pistol (up to 3 of them), however Clark county also requires you to register the serial number of your gun as well. So take the training course in Vegas, then drive out to Nye county or Pine or another county in NV and apply, that and it will probably take less time as well. If you apply in Clark county you have to go get your 'blue cards' and register your guns.

As far as carrying in NV goes. Cant carry in any area that does not allow minors (i.e. gaming floor, bars, and cat houses I suppose), cant carry at the university, the airport, or govt. buildings. NV does not allow for open carry, so if you dont have a permit, dont carry a gun, plain and simple. Oh, and its also illegal to carry anywhere that states otherwise (If I own a resturant and have a 'no firearms beyond this point' sign, you cant carry in my resturant..my local gun hating dentist does this here in WA).

To the guy comming from the PRK, flying is probably your best option. I have flown firearms into and out of CA many times, and its never a hassle. Do not bring any 'california assault weapons' out of the state unless they were registered, and then keep your registration paperwork with you at all times. And you may want to not bring any hi-cap magazines with you when you leave the state, especialy if you drive. Remember, you're not supposed to leave the state, buy hi-caps, then import them back into the state. If you end up driving and you get pulled over, its going to be hard to prove that you had the mags legaly in CA and brought them out of state with you, rather than having bought them in NV and brought them back. CHP is tough on this too, they've been seen patroling in parking lots at NV gun shows recording license plate numbers of CA vehicles.

WK, heres a reason to not go with any of the SW airlight pistols. And that was normal ammo, nothing fancy or handloaded.

Finally, I'm about 99% positive we're gonna haul out more Class 3 goodies at the shoot again. I'm still trying to convince someone to get a demo letter for an MP7, but dont know if thats gonna happen in time.

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

Oregon does require training but it is pretty generic. I think that a hunter's safety class will satisfy the requirement.

They issue non-res permits but only to bordering states and it is at the discretion on the sheriff so do it in a rural county where they are a little more gun friendly.

Also, another non-res permit that is easy is New Hampshire. they allow you to mail in the application and it costs a whopping $20.
        Gack
        "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

Comment

They dont require the training if you already have a permit (for non-res folks anyways). The sherriff honored our WA CPLs, just charged us for the paperwork and the finger printing..

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

Cool - what couty did that?
            Gack
            "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

Comment

columbia county..northwest of portland..Multnomah and Clackamas counties will tell you to go pound sand....

Comment

no kidding - residents get the run around in mult. co.

They aren't about to bend over backward for anyone from out of state.
                Gack

Comment

Working...
                X