Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

boxes

Take out any drives you have and carry those on, check in or ship the case

OR get your hands on a pelican (they have extra deep cases now) and ship via fedex ground to cut down on your cost. You can also check in the case at the airport but they'll be pawing through it behind the scenes. DT has a huge number of Pelicans - all wheeled- and swears by them- never had one break yet.
    blackbeetle

Comment

Check with The airlines.

Just an update on travel. I noticed this today when I was looking at baggage requirements.

*All laptop/computers must be carried aboard and cannot be checked.

http://www.delta.com/travel/trav_ser...y_on/index.jsp

Comment

When does a computer become a computer? When it has a CPU? A motherboard? Maybe you can take parts off of it so that it is no longer a computer, and then check it.

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
          When does a computer become a computer? When it has a CPU? A motherboard? Maybe you can take parts off of it so that it is no longer a computer, and then check it.
          The (not-so) common sense answer would be "whenever the idiot security forces think something resembles a computer".

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
            Yup but if you can't power it on... IT might get destroyed! eheh
            And don't try to hide the CPU in your shoes!
            /* NO COMMENT */

Comment

Re: Check with The airlines.

Originally posted by B|ackCat
              Just an update on travel. I noticed this today when I was looking at baggage requirements.

*All laptop/computers must be carried aboard and cannot be checked.

http://www.delta.com/travel/trav_ser...y_on/index.jsp
              How do they managed to get computer shipped by mail then?
              /* NO COMMENT */

Comment

Working...
              X