Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• highwizard
    Guest replied
    Actually the project is called CyberCore.

Leave a comment:

• murakami
    replied
    Originally posted by jetforce4004
    So its fair for them to develop a team of malicous hackers and train them when they just had a bill about improsioning malicous hackers for life? I think bush likes the saying do as we say not as we do.
    The government has employees that are paid to engage in illegal activities. For example, espionage is an illegal activity in most countries. Its just the way it is.

Leave a comment:

• jetforce4004
    replied
    So its fair for them to develop a team of malicous hackers and train them when they just had a bill about improsioning malicous hackers for life? I think bush likes the saying do as we say not as we do.

I can just see it now.

"Hello this is president Bush I'm having some trouble installing my new command and conquer generals game can you send someone from the team down?"

"Mister President this is AOL not your top secret team of cyber-attackers"

"Whoops wrong number and to think i've been using that as their fax number for the last 2 months"

Leave a comment:

• murakami
    replied
    see FAS

Lots of classed documents have unclassed counterparts that have been redacted. Typically FOUO (For Official Use Only) docs find their way into the public domain.

Leave a comment:

• Cyb3RSoldi3R
    replied
    President Bush has signed a secret directive
    Don't you love our Nation's Security Level.

Leave a comment:

• blackwave
    replied
    President Bush has signed a secret directive ordering the government to develop, for the first time, national-level guidance for determining when and how the United States would launch cyber-attacks against enemy computer networks, according to administration officials.
    good to see we can keep secrets...

Bush signed the order, known as National Security Presidential Directive 16, last July but it has not been disclosed publicly until now.
    ... good to see we can keep 15 other secrets too...

Maj. Gen. James David Bryan, who heads the Joint Task Force on Computer Network Operations, said his group has three main missions: to experiment with cyber-weapons in order to better understand their effects;
    ... so we still aren't admitting who did the slammer job eh? ;) :D

... to "normalize" the use of such weapons, treating them "not as a separate entity" but as an integral part of the U.S. arsenal; and to train a professional cadre of military cyber-warriors.
    at least they didn't say keyboard cowboys...

Leave a comment:

• lei
    started a topic NEWS: cyber-warfare

NEWS: cyber-warfare

check it out.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...-2003Feb6.html

hmm. maybe Kevin(and similar) might just get some payback, and a job? haha doubt it.
Working...
X