If this appears way off topic, it's not.
The brain is the world's most complex supercomputer (Unless of course you are following the Sarah Conner Chronicles and really believe in the 12 nanometer superchip- in which case you should stop reading IMMEDIATELY and RUN don't Walk, and find yourself a very good shrink! ...Or a bottle of seroquel.)

Most people think in words, they think in a linear pattern that follows logically from one point to the next. This is a fact I was unaware of until recently. Call me stupid (no, don't call me stupid, that would piss me off and I'd have to sic a botnet on your a##) I thought everyone thought the way I did and could do what I do.
For example: My other passion in life is music. Through a set of serendipitous circumstances, I was finally able to realize an ambition I've had for years. I purchased a 35 foot RV (keep reading it will all make sense) to convert into a mobile recording and sound re-inforcement truck. Now, I have 5 kids ranging in age from 8 to 18, and they, especially the youngest ones, immediately thought "VACATION"! And then there was the "You're going to turn it into a what????" reaction that came barking on the heels of my revelation th them of my evil scheme to deprive them of all that fun.
Uncomfortable with my new-found vilian-hood, I did the "grinch" thing and I LIED!
No, little Suzy Loo Whoo, Daddy's not taking away your 35 Foot Excursion Craft of Joy and Adventure, He's going to make it better... yeah, that's right... better... and it will be able to sleep 5 people at night... no wait 7 people, yeah that's the ticket... you won't even know it was used as a recording studio,
Unfortunately for me, I couldn't return to my frozen castle and pull on my dog's nose, doing the "it came with out presents..." thing. I actually lived here in whoville. I HAD TO DELIVER ON MY ILL-THOUGHT OUT PROMISE!
So... here's what I did:
Nothing
Well, almost nothing. I did walk through the RV making mental notes (In it's initial configuration, it had only 3 narrow beds and an awkward floorplan, which hadn't bothered me when I bought it because I was going to gut it to the walls) I also made a trip to Home Depot, examining things on shelves and adding them to the VR library in my head.
Then I did nothing. Or at least appeared to.
Over the next 3 or 4 days I designed it in my head. Every last detail, solving the myriad problems of sleeping 7 people by night, providing an open plan uncluttered living/dining area by day, AND allowing for the easy conversion to and from a no compromise mobile audio truck. Pictures will follow when it's done.
Oh and did I mention the budget?
There wasn't one! Everything had to be done for pennies on the dollar. (The audio equipment I already had) I went through hundreds of possibilities in my head. Grabbing materials from the virtual Home Depot/Walmart banks, rotating, fitting, checking clearances, testing strength, until the final plan emerged. It's not written down, it's unlikely to change, and is complete down to the smallest detail.
Now, if you are reading this, it's more than likely that you can do this too. But 99.9% of the population of this insignificant planet orbiting an equally insicnificant star located in an out of the way corner of the universe CANNOT. (With the possible exception of Zaphod Beeblebrox- but he has two heads so that doesn't count)
Why do I say that?
Because its a statistical fact- and it has everything to do with the most unlikely of words.
Autism
Actually its both Asperger's Syndrome and Autism.
Yes I'm mildly Autistic (I couldn't get the ic suffix to work with Aspberger's without it sounding like a hiccup)
Up until recently, I had no Idea.
There's a lot more, like: Why the fact that you are reading this means you are statistically likely to be the same way, and how it relates to Quantum Physics, and why we are still diddling with 1's and 0's.
But that will have to wait for part 2