• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irc

Does DC have an IRC somewhere?

Re: Irc

Originally posted by cyphersoup
    Does DC have an IRC somewhere?
    ack.. does no one search the boards anymore???? This question is asked around once a week...

#dc-forums for the forums on EFNet

Comment

I still say our search button is so small it needs a search engine to find it....

Comment

Part of the problem is the four character requirement in searches. Not that anyone tries to search... but those who do can't search for IRC.
        the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

Originally posted by octalpussy
          Part of the problem is the four character requirement in searches.
          We can change that but it may severly slow down the board :/ I don't understand why people don't search for popular networks... surely if they know of IRC they will be able to guess EFNet and search for that. :)

Comment

Originally posted by blackwave
            We can change that but it may severly slow down the board :/ I don't understand why people don't search for popular networks... surely if they know of IRC they will be able to guess EFNet and search for that. :)
            Again, your faith in humanity....
            the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

Re: Re: Irc

Originally posted by blackwave
              ack.. does no one search the boards anymore???? This question is asked around once a week...

#dc-forums for the forums on EFNet

Why should they search the boards when you are readily avalible with the answers to hand them?

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Irc

Originally posted by highwizard
                Why should they search the boards when you are readily avalible with the answers to hand them?

i guess to make an example out of them, but then again we have had quite a few

Comment

I never have trouble searching for three letter words... right under the search textbox is a little sidenote mentioning other useful characters that may be of interest to help you get your words up to 4 characters.
                  if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Irc

Originally posted by highwizard
                    From my experience on several boards there are these types of people:

The people that tell newbies to fuck themselves:
                    e.g.1 "fuck yourself newbie"

The people that tell newbies to fuck themselves, and then try and try and point them in the right direction indirectly:
                    e.g.2 "google it you dickwad"

The people that tell newbies to be smarter and and point them in the right direction directly:
                    e.g.3 "hey man if you don't want to be flamed search first before posting... but what you want is at http://www.---.---/"

... now of course there are intervariants of these types of people when it comes to addressing a question, and I have found that by taking e.g.3 in actually taking the time to help them while giving them advice helps out in the long run for several reasons.

... and of course there is always the exception of where if these newbie questions happen often enough that e.g.3 with devolve into e.g.2, then into e.g.1... as to where e.g.1 really has nowhere to go... no buffer of temperment to move around in...

In closing there really is no extra effort in showing a newbie the way... and it really helps them out, and you get to kill two birds with one stone....

Comment

Working...
                    X