X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sainate
    replied
    Couple of things:
    • Thing one, huge thank you and kudos to everyone that works so hard to make Def Con possible. You guys rock and all of your hard work is appreciated.
    • Thing two, beta floorplan looks awesome.
    • Thing three (ok, so technically 'couple' is two), the egress from DC101 last year was into the hallway where tracks 2 and 3 on the beta floorplan. If memory serves, this new floorplan puts it where the vendors were last year and that opens up into a pretty big area with 4 places that the crowds can disperse (to the left towards tracks 1, 2, 3 and 4, to the right toward the stairs, to the right toward Bally's or kindof straight toward Paris). Seems like, unless *everyone* is going the same direction at the same time again (from where tracks 2 and 3 are now [the previous location of DC101 I believe], there aren't a lot of options of where to go), this is a really good option. This will potentially divide the crowd into 4 rather than 1. Also, it seems like the DC101 crowd also intermingled with folks still in the registration crowd last year (which would also be a non-issue with the current layout).
    • Thing last, thank all of you guys again, stoked to see DC24 starting to ramp up!

Leave a comment:

• Nikita
    replied
    Originally posted by Tynius View Post
    Nice - some thoughts in no particular order:

1) I appreciate the new location of Rootz, as I'll be able to pop in on them without having to add a significant digit to my pedometer
    2) I'm concerned that we'll end up with the same Day 1 mosh pit issues we did last year. Didn't we move DC101 over to Bally's to disperse the crowd a bit from Paris?
    3) Lists always look better with at least 3 items. I need more caffeine.

Ty
    We have a plan for item #2. There will be more info announced in the future. Things will be a little bit different this year :-)

Leave a comment:

• Nikita
    replied
    Originally posted by Billinnc1 View Post
    Hello, I am looking to contact someone about DEF CON 24, I am working with DARPA in setting up the Grand Cyber Challenge and need to discuss the venue and payment. I am looking for a POC so that I can have our Purchasing Agent contact them.

Contact Charel at Defcon dot org.

Leave a comment:

• encrypt3r
    replied
    This will be my first DC, I look forward to seeing how your plans work out!

Leave a comment:

• TheCotMan
    replied
    Originally posted by Billinnc1 View Post
    Hello, I am looking to contact someone about DEF CON 24, I am working with DARPA in setting up the Grand Cyber Challenge and need to discuss the venue and payment. I am looking for a POC so that I can have our Purchasing Agent contact them.
    Did you work with DEF CON on the previous DARPA event at DEF CON? If so try the same contact as last year.

I asked the people that grant allocation to DEF CON resources for contests/events, and they said you should contact contests@defcon.org

From there, they should be able to direct you to who to talk to about whatever you need from DEF CON in running a contest/event.

This applies for anyone looking to run a contest/event/village. Direct your questions/requests through email to contests@defcon.org

HTH,
    -Cot

Leave a comment:

• Billinnc1
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Tynius
    replied
    Nice - some thoughts in no particular order:

1) I appreciate the new location of Rootz, as I'll be able to pop in on them without having to add a significant digit to my pedometer
    2) I'm concerned that we'll end up with the same Day 1 mosh pit issues we did last year. Didn't we move DC101 over to Bally's to disperse the crowd a bit from Paris?
    3) Lists always look better with at least 3 items. I need more caffeine.

Ty

Leave a comment:

• Nikita
    started a topic DEF CON 24 Floorplan

DEF CON 24 Floorplan

Hi everyone! This is the final floorplan for DEF CON 24! We've changed a few things up this year so check it out.

"final floor plan" version posted on DEF CON at https://www.defcon.org/html/defcon-24/dc-24-venue.html

OLD Versions
    https://www.defcon.org/images/defcon-...eta-public.pdf
    https://www.defcon.org/images/defcon-24/dc24-fp-beta.jpg
    Version from 2/12 : https://www.defcon.org/images/defcon...plan-beta2.jpg
    Last edited by Nikita; April 26, 2016, 16:18. Reason: Updated outdated info.
Working...
X