Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the status of the room blocks for defcon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheCotMan
    replied
    Originally posted by technick View Post
    Does anyone know the status of the discount room codes at the Bally's and Paris? I got work approval to purchase my room last Friday when the code was still working but now the rooms are double the price. Does anyone know if more rooms will be available at the discounted rate?
    Usually, when the quoted discount rate for rooms described is no longer available, or costs have gone up, the hotel has run out of rooms without reservations that match the description, so they offer more expensive rooms with different descriptions, and usually, different amenities. If the price increased with one hotel, try booking rooms with the other hotel (Bally's vs Paris) and see if the price is lower.

Some people reserve rooms or even blocks of rooms, but later change their mind. When this happens, rooms are usually returned to the pool as available for reservation. If DEF CON returns blocks or reserved rooms back to the hotel, they may announce this on their Facebook page(s), or twitter feed.

Let us know if you are able to get a room at the other hotel at the lower rate -- maybe one is already out of the rooms described and the other is not. Other readers would like to know what you find out.

-Cot

Leave a comment:

• technick
    started a topic Whats the status of the room blocks for defcon?

Whats the status of the room blocks for defcon?

Does anyone know the status of the discount room codes at the Bally's and Paris? I got work approval to purchase my room last Friday when the code was still working but now the rooms are double the price. Does anyone know if more rooms will be available at the discounted rate?
Working...
X