Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shirt Ideas

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    while i don't have more suggestions right now for the design of the shirt, i will say that i STRONGLY support the new "TriBlend" material shirts from American Apparel ... http://store.americanapparel.net/en/...-t-shirt_tr401

    these are what an outiftter whom i love (Triple Aught Design) uses for a lot of their under-layer gear now and it's marvelous. softer, more breathable, and really great in all weathers compared to straight cotton or straight wool.

    while the black isn't "jet black" but more of a very, very dark heather black... it's awesome. strongly recommended. many suppliers and shirt makers should be able to source these
    "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
    - Trent Reznor

    Comment


    • #17
      i also will voice support for the line "The future's not set. There's no fate but what we make for ourselves." etc etc in there

      possibly augmented by a variant of John Connor's statements, edited along the lines of... "Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. We've been fighting a long time. We are outnumbered by machines, but we have now learned to control them."


      maybe on the front, some adaptation of "If you are listening to this, you are the resistance" ... edited as a firearm reference? ...
      If you are holding this...
      [ firearm image ]
      ...you are the resistance
      "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
      - Trent Reznor

      Comment


      • #18
        Ok, so separating out the 3bit figures so it's not a big ole sheet of vinyl isn't going to be that easy to do. We can take an image like Modafinil and just print the body/words, without all the red background around it. Let me get some stuff together and post, and see what you guys think.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
          i also will voice support for the line "The future's not set. There's no fate but what we make for ourselves." etc etc in there

          possibly augmented by a variant of John Connor's statements, edited along the lines of... "Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. We've been fighting a long time. We are outnumbered by machines, but we have now learned to control them."


          maybe on the front, some adaptation of "If you are listening to this, you are the resistance" ... edited as a firearm reference? ...
          If you are holding this...
          [ firearm image ]
          ...you are the resistance

          So I'm just going to throw my two cents out there.... especially with the recent events... I'm not sure I want a quote like this on a shirt. I don't think I want people asking me "Resistance to what?" This is a pretty dark tone to take, and I'd really like to be able to wear this shirt on an airplane without being mistaken for some ISIS supporter... :) I also think it's good to give people a positive viewpoint on firearms, instead of a doom/gloom one.
          Last edited by Nipner; June 17, 2016, 14:50.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Nipner View Post

            So I'm just going to throw my two cents out there.... especially with the recent events... I'm not sure I want a quote like this on a shirt. I don't think I want people asking me "Resistance to what?" This is a pretty dark tone to take, and I'd really like to be able to wear this shirt on an airplane without being mistaken for some ISIS supporter... :) I also think it's good to give people a positive viewpoint on firearms, instead of a doom/gloom one.
            MEH - I like it, not really worried about what someone else thinks. I wear my previous shirts all the time, my fav being the TSA one.
            +++ Dallas +++

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Dallas View Post
              I like it, not really worried about what someone else thinks. I wear my previous shirts all the time, my fav being the TSA one.
              i enjoy when folk talk to me about wearing the TSA themed shirt in airports. ;-)

              "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
              - Trent Reznor

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
                i STRONGLY support the new "TriBlend" material shirts from American Apparel
                There will be more options this year, since I also like the tri-blend. Even playing with the idea of reprinting some previous designs on the new shirts.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
                  i enjoy when folk talk to me about wearing the TSA themed shirt in airports. ;-)
                  Do you know who has the graphics for previous years' shirts?

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Modafinil View Post

                    Do you know who has the graphics for previous years' shirts?
                    i made the shirts from DC 17 "Not Legal in CA" and DC 18 "Barely NFA Legal" and have those in PSD format still. i'll email you.

                    EDIT - for some reason i can't find your email. grab the files here: http://deviating.net/firearms/defcon...oot_shirts.zip
                    "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
                    - Trent Reznor

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      just offering up my own submission, in case we're still short on ideas as days get closer...

                      http://deviating.net/firearms/defcon...shirt/back.jpg

                      http://deviating.net/firearms/defcon...hirt/front.jpg

                      ... all files (for Modafinil or anyone else) are here...

                      http://deviating.net/firearms/defcon_shoot/24_shirt

                      ... i'm not making an executive decision or anything, just offering stuff up. feel free to edit, rework, or whatever. it could use a little cleanup in some spots, i think.

                      fingers crossed so i can get a size L and women's size XXL and and a women's size M set aside for me and my people.
                      "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
                      - Trent Reznor

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        UGHHHH>.. Getting the message "You are not authorized to add attachments". Trying to reach out to admins for help on this

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Nipner View Post
                          UGHHHH>.. Getting the message "You are not authorized to add attachments". Trying to reach out to admins for help on this
                          Uploads of attachments to the server are problematic. Even if we enable them with the forums, there is a fair chance the firewall will black-hole your IP address and block you from other *.defcon.org services.

                          A solution is for you to post your image somewhere else, and then link to it in a post.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
                            just offering up my own submission, in case we're still short on ideas as days get closer...
                            ... i'm not making an executive decision or anything, just offering stuff up. feel free to edit, rework, or whatever. it could use a little cleanup in some spots, i think.
                            fingers crossed so i can get a size L and women's size XXL and and a women's size M set aside for me and my people.
                            This design will be my placeholder - if we get nothing else, then I'll do a run with them (maybe not the double-1911 graphic, one is all you need...). I'd love to get some more ideas going and some agreement on them. Whoever offers up the winning design will get a free shirt, and whoever helps me with graphics that we use.

                            Women's cut shirts will be offered again this year, and also tri-blend shirts. When we have a firmer design, I'll start the thread for them.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Modafinil View Post
                              ...I'll do a run with them (maybe not the double-1911 graphic, one is all you need...)
                              the Arsenal Firearms 2011 was the hotness last year (well, one of the coolest things) at the Shoot, brought by ASTcell. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVflbasMUH4&t=4m25s http://deviating.net/photos/main.php...geViewsIndex=2

                              if you think it's cheesy, well... you're the shirt guy. ;-) i love it as a conversation piece, even on the shirt. hah.

                              Originally posted by Modafinil View Post
                              Whoever offers up the winning design will get a free shirt, and whoever helps me with graphics that we use.
                              i plan to ask you to set aside a couple (i'll send you a list) for me and a couple other folk.

                              Originally posted by Modafinil View Post
                              ...offered again this year, and also tri-blend shirts.
                              when you say you'll "offer" tri-blend, does that mean as an option or all shirts will be in that fabric? just want to know what to specify.

                              also, i noticed that the trigger and trigger guard of the AR on my "front" image was cut off badly. you'll want to tweak or clean that up a bit before making shirts if we wind up going with that design for some reason. or i can tweak it later if i have the time.
                              Last edited by Deviant Ollam; July 10, 2016, 11:27.
                              "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
                              - Trent Reznor

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Sooooooo.....

                                Now that we have bomb-carrying robot assassins in our domestic police forces, does anyone have ideas for shirts?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X