Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tangential
    replied
    Many thanks to those who came, cooked, ate, drank and partied with us. It was at least as big as every year before, and I had the best time yet.

I've got contacts for several of you looking to participate in planning and supplying next year. Let me know if you want to be added to that list.

Leave a comment:

• Tangential
    replied
    Booked. Coordination is here: [url]https://www.reddit.com/r/Defcon/comments/4uz3qa/toxic_bbq_2016/[/url]

We will be going to get stuff after LineCon. I'll have flyers and a banner for advertisement. Contacting @defconparties now.

Leave a comment:

• discopants
    replied
    I agree toxic bbq is essential. If we secure the normal spot it will be easier for people to find us, that park is huge, I got dropped off at the wrong entrance once and had to hike across it. I think if we tweet @defconparties we can get on their calendar and start spreading the word.

I'm driving to defcon, my car is small but I'll bring my big yeti style cooler for meat storage and some bbq utensils.

So who's calling the parks district to book the spot?

Leave a comment:

• Tangential
    replied
    When we secure the spot, who should I contact to get it back on the site, schedule, etc?

Leave a comment:

• Graverobber
    replied
    Meant for this to be a private message, doh is me

Leave a comment:

• Tangential
    replied
    I'm mostly concerned about logistics.
    - Did you have to reserve the spot in advance and pay the $500 they charge, or have you grabbed it as a first-come first-served basis?
    - What's the typical supplies buy for the evening? Meat, buns, plates, napkins, condiments, etc, I assume. Anything you always bought, or always relied on the crowd?
    - I would assume it's too late for the program, but how did you advertise in the past? Twitter feed, DEF CON Parties, getting on the "unofficial events" list by messaging the right goons?

Leave a comment:

• Graverobber
    replied
    I would love for it to be able to continue in my absence!. I will do what I can to help out remotely.

~Graverobber

Leave a comment:

• Tangential
    replied
    Toxic BBQ is one of my favorite events. If I booked a pavilion anyway, would people show up? Its $500 for the usual spot and $125 for a close-by one with a less extravagant grill. Would you mind us publicizing it if we did? Something like QBB cixoT?

We've had hold-over BBQs and outings on Thursday before when the actual event wasn't possible. I'm sure there will be something fun to do, but no Toxic BBQ would be a bummer.

Leave a comment:

• Graverobber
    started a topic DC 24: Toxic BBQ

DC 24: Toxic BBQ

Unfortunately, I will be unable to attend DC this year, and therefore no BBQ. See you all next year.

~Graverobber
Working...
X