we are delivered :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seeess View Post
    Also, I think deviant just phished me out of the reservation I had booked yesterday for the group. They didn't even call me to confirm deviant was part of the same group.
    i know how to social engineer, sir. ;-)

"I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
    - Trent Reznor

Comment

Originally posted by TheCotMan View Post
      Thanks for being so aggressive with finding alternate solutions and communicating details as they changed to the people involved
      thanks! i just finished sending out not only the Announce List messages but also mass-mailing every single Shoot participant (registered guest, volunteers, speakers) via conventional email in order to do my very level best in ensuring that no one goes to the wrong spot.

the old Directions page has been totally taken down (just so no one accidentally hits it via an old link) and we've tweeted and posted as much as we can here. i just really really hope i don't hear about folk unfortunately heading out to the old site and finding no one there. ;-)

Originally posted by TheCotMan View Post
      From the web-page for the shooting park, It looks like the new site has firearm rentals available. That might create more opportunities for people arriving without firearms, if it works as the website suggests.
      that is correct. see attached Click image for larger version

Name:	firearms.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	224120

"I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
      - Trent Reznor

Comment

New location looks great, glad the shoots still on. They got an ARX for rental? Now that I might have to take advantage of just so I can say I have considering how badly trashed that rifle is, assuming I can actually get my ass out there. I got Lyft if all else fails. Thanks for making this happen in such short notice, as a fellow logistics madman I salute you.

Comment

Fantastic. You know I've been trying to get ot to the CC range for a few years now, but it's on the other side of the valley from where I live.

Deviant, let me know if you need $$$, glad to chip in.

Also, when making lanes, if one side or the other is open I need to setup my BAR, M60 and 1919a4 (no BFG-50A I guess).

Weinie

Comment

I don't shoot. I don't own guns. I've been following this forum anyways because I think the DEF CON shoot is really cool. This is a really impressive turn around, and it's nice to see it all came together.

Comment

just confirmed with the party rental place... we are eliminating the canopies but adding in their two big cool misting fans. so that's something, at least, to keep temperatures down.

nobody complain to me if humid air gets on your guns... if they can't handle varied moisture conditions, then move further down the firing line, away from the cool air, hah! :-D
              - Trent Reznor

Comment

Originally posted by fylion View Post
                I don't shoot. I don't own guns. I've been following this forum anyways because I think the DEF CON shoot is really cool. This is a really impressive turn around, and it's nice to see it all came together.
                i owe so very much to Quiet for posting the news when he did (so i could have at least 4 or 5 days to scramble an early arrival into the city and figure shit out) and especially to seeess who did so much research, calling other places while I was in the air for two days straight.

- Trent Reznor

Comment

Originally posted by seeess View Post

Anytime you see regulations relating to the "public range" they probably don't apply to us. Unless deviant did something different, we should be at the "education center" which they told me is operated independently. They did mention the 50 cal restriction on the 50 yard range, which I think we may be at, but let's wait for details from deviant.

Also, I think deviant just phished me out of the reservation I had booked yesterday for the group. They didn't even call me to confirm deviant was part of the same group.
                  Cool! Education center rules on page 34 are a lengthier version of Deviant's "Don't be a dick" admonition.

Comment

Awesome work getting this thing back on the rails! Super excited about my first DEF CON shoot. I'm bringing out my newly built AR-15 and my 9mm PPQ. Wondering how much ammo to bring? Is ammo available to purchase from this place? Trying to find it on their website but it is not the easiest thing to do on my phone.

Comment

menus from the place on-site. looks like they are open 11-9 on Weds/Thurs?

you might want to call and ask to be sure, however.

Click image for larger version

Name:	menu_01.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	224140 Click image for larger version

Name:	menu_02.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	224141
                      - Trent Reznor

Comment

Working...
                      X