X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zzzzzj
    replied
    Originally posted by TheCotMan View Post

Contact the person that let you know that you would be contacted in ~2 months for an update.
    (The people that make these decisions (if DEF CON goons, are usually department heads or their second(s)) usually have a plan for how to best utilize a volunteers skill-set and have the control and responsibility to know and have vouched for the person/people they wanted to recruit.

If this was for a village, or contest or other event outside the DEF CON Goon departments, contact the person that is running it.
    Got it, thanks!

Leave a comment:

• TheCotMan
    replied
    Originally posted by zzzzzj View Post
    Hi last year I volunteered to help for DEFCON 25. (So for me, it'd be Noon this year.) I heard that I probably will get contacted 2 months before the Con which is about now. Just want to touch base and follow up with the schedule, see if there is anything I need to prepare or to proactively contact.

Thx!
    Contact the person that let you know that you would be contacted in ~2 months for an update.
    (The people that make these decisions (if DEF CON goons, are usually department heads or their second(s)) usually have a plan for how to best utilize a volunteers skill-set and have the control and responsibility to know and have vouched for the person/people they wanted to recruit.

If this was for a village, or contest or other event outside the DEF CON Goon departments, contact the person that is running it.

Leave a comment:

• zzzzzj
    started a topic When would volunteering starts?

When would volunteering starts?

Hi last year I volunteered to help for DEFCON 25. (So for me, it'd be Noon this year.) I heard that I probably will get contacted 2 months before the Con which is about now. Just want to touch base and follow up with the schedule, see if there is anything I need to prepare or to proactively contact.

Thx!
Working...
X