Is anyone at the BBQ

Leave a comment:

• InX_
    replied
    Where's the party at?!????

Leave a comment:

• picklechip
    replied
    I've got a gameboy with lsdj and a portable speaker, might carry that with me and play in a corner somewhere if there's nothing else to do.

This'll be my first DC so I guess I'll just go with the flow and do my own thing.

Leave a comment:

• hsims
    replied
    I was wondering if I should bring my small dj gear: Pioneer DDJ-SB, (2) CR3 Monitor Speakers, Laptop Stand, Laptop w/Serato and Virtual DJ 8 on it, happy V-Moda headphones. Just need power for a power strip and a table. The speakers produce good sound volumes without breaking all noise ordinances.

Leave a comment:

• Tangential
    replied
    Originally posted by DJ Jackalope View Post
    This may be an idea for the Toxic BBQ on Thursday. ^^^^ I am not sure what the amplified sound rule is at Sunset Park.
    Music would be a welcome addition at Toxic BBQ. Haven't had much more than a boom box when I've been there.

The noise ordinance for reserved areas is pretty lax. As long as we don't annoy surrounding people, it will fly.

Update: Added amplified sound/DJ to the Toxic BBQ permit.
    ​​​​​​
    Last edited by Tangential; July 12, 2017, 13:23.

Leave a comment:

• Virtual Adept
    replied
    Hmmm... has there ever been a silent rave at Defcon?

Leave a comment:

• DJ Jackalope
    replied
    tothyname replied

07-04-2017, 11:22 AM
    Hey there, My wife and I are bringing our RV+ RV Generator + Small stage lights + Light controller + 1 PA Speaker + Other music gear.

This may be an idea for the Toxic BBQ on Thursday. ^^^^ I am not sure what the amplified sound rule is at Sunset Park.

Leave a comment:

• tothyname
    replied
    Hey there, My wife and I are bringing our RV+ RV Generator + Small stage lights + Light controller + 1 PA Speaker + Other music gear.
    We are actually moving to LA to Full time in the RV so we are bringing everything!
    We will have some hand power tools and other tools as well.

If you still need help let us know!
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Zuggy
    replied
    Alright so this post went out on Twitter yesterday and through some people wrangling we've got a bunch of people on board to get this thing designed, planned, built, and rolling. If you're interested in helping, send me a PM and I can get you into the Slack channel, otherwise follow @DC25SilentParty on Twitter for details.

Leave a comment:

• Zuggy
    replied
    Working on some sort of chat setup to start up this weekend so we can figure out what we want this to actually be and then start figuring out logistics.

Leave a comment:

• Zuggy
    replied
    It would give me an excuse to actually check out the Toxic BBQ this year, so if everyone else who wants to be involved is in than sure. As for the music, I know a few people who will be at Defcon and BSides who might be willing to play depending on their schedules, and I'm kind of hoping Jackalope can do the same (play and help line some people up). My ego is also big enough that I plan on playing some, but not so big to not be willing to give up my spot to someone more talented and/or interesting.

Leave a comment:

• Tangential
    replied
    Toxic BBQ on Thurs might be a good place to coordinate, build and test. We don't have music lined up, Fry's is right down the street, and we have the park from 4-10PM.

Leave a comment:

• b00sted
    replied
    Originally posted by sigtrap View Post
    The old Black & White ball was fun too. There has to be a way to play music loud and drink lots of alcohol...
    Always enjoyed the Black and White balls. I haven't been since DC22 ... am I reading that there is no longer a massive event for Friday and Saturday nights? The hall of parties at The Rio was a cool setup. Do we not get the same now that it's at Caesars? I find it kind of amusing that after Blackhat is handed off to a new organizer, and then moves to Mandalay Bay, DefCon then moves in to Caesars a couple of years later.

Leave a comment:

• Zuggy
    replied
    Will do. I generally don't make too many firm plans, I'll probably hit up DC801's party on Saturday, but even that's up in the air at the moment. Basically if we got this thing rolling I'd commit to it before too many other things.

Edit to add: If you can bring some lighting (even if it's just LED rope and/or lasers) that would leave us needing speakers and if we go mobile, a platform. I've been thinking about that second point. If we're not putting out too much power, couldn't we see about renting a mobile scooter and wiring in an AC inverter? It would need to be non-destructive.
    Last edited by Zuggy; June 20, 2017, 02:39.

Leave a comment:

• PrgrmTerminated
    replied
    Zuggy- keep me posted on plans. Looking forward to some late party nights. Maybe I should pack up a few rolls of LED rope lighting and some lasers for the flight over? Don't have any sweet lighting rigs I can bring. Packing lite for the plane.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X