DEF CON Forum Site Header Art

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Forums Topics Posts Last Post
DEF CON 28 Safe Mode Planning DEF CON 28 Safe Mode Planning
Help build and participate in the first remote DEF CON Conference August 6-9 2020
Topics: 902 Posts: 1,455
902 1,455
Sub-Forums:
Contests (154/431)
Demo Labs (20/20)
Villages (685/785)

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 354 users online. 48 members and 306 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,111 at 12:23 on June 2, 2020.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

• Aug 8
    22:30 | BadUSB devices are popular worldwide, and almost no one ignores their nature: an object with a USB connection (usually a pendrive) connects to a computer and tells it "I am a keyboard", proceeding to send ("type") arbitrary commands, usually malicious. In this talk we have decided...
  • Aug 8
    23:00 | Miss Jackalope

DEF CON's Resident Community DJ. Miss Jackalope has been DJing drum and bass and breakbeats for a long time and doing InfoSec stuff, too! ($dayjob) She can be seen DJing parties, swagulating in the Vendor room, and making sure everyone is having a good time. Mega thanks to...
  • Aug 8
    23:00 | Title: Length 15 & No Change. Implementing NIST SP800-63B for real (Rebroadcast

Speaker(s): Per Thorsheim

Discord: https://discord.com/channels/7082082...33760742621214

Event starts: 2020-08-08 22:00 (10:00 PM)...
  • Aug 8
    23:45 | Title: Weaponized XSS - Moving Beyond Alert(1)

Speaker(s): Ray Doyle

Discord: https://discord.com/channels/7082082...77357820411944

Event starts: 2020-08-08 22:45 (10:45 PM) PDT (UTC -07:00)

Event ends:...
  • Aug 9
    00:00 | Subxian

LA/Seattle Underground Music 1997-present. DEF CON SoundGuy. Moontribe collective. So,many parties and so much good music made me picky but I love halftime beats! Twice as much opportunity for intricate layers!
  • Aug 9
    00:00 | Title: What the Shuck? Layered Hash Shucking (Rebroadcast)

Speaker(s): Sam Croley (Chick3nman)

Event starts: 2020-08-08 23:00 (11:00 PM) PDT (UTC -07:00)...
  • Aug 9
    02:00 | A company, regardless of its size and market power, may go out of business or lose a lot of value because of a security incident on its information system. The number of vulnerabilities and the interest of cyber-attackers is only increasing. With the advent of the monetization of botnet cyber attacks...
  • Aug 9
    02:00 | Title: Practical PCFG Password Cracking (Rebroadcast)

Speaker(s): Matt Weir

Event starts: 2020-08-09 01:00 (01:00 AM) PDT (UTC -07:00)

Event...
  • Aug 9
    03:15 | Title: Reviewing MS08-067, Illustration Of An Old Chapter

Speaker(s): Etizaz Mohsin

Discord: https://discord.com/channels/7082082...77357820411944

Event starts: 2020-08-09 02:15 (02:15 AM) PDT (UTC -07:00)
  • Aug 9
    04:30 | Red team operations involve many skills, the operation requires a lot of monitoring, consolidating and caution. In order to perform red team operations faster, and stealthier without thinking about the infrastructure every team has its’ own habits and standarts. However, there is a problem with those...
  • Aug 9
    05:45 | This session will discuss about journey from discovering vulnerabilities in an android application having premium features leading towards approaching relevant authorities, disclosing all of the required details and solutions. It is to be noted that the application has been downloaded by more than 1.5...
  • Aug 9
    07:00 | Fathom5’s Maritime-Industrial CTF event allows competitors to gain hands-on experience hacking real maritime hardware in a controlled environment using Fathom5’s Grace maritime cybersecurity testbed. Grace is an accessible, realistic configuration of maritime systems where competitors complete challenges...
  • Aug 9
    07:00 | Zoom is a popular digital video conferencing company. Zoom has become one of the most valuable companies in the world during the pandemic, with millions of users and hundreds of millions of monthly participants globally.
    I have done a security research experiment in spare time to test Zoom and...
  • Aug 9
    08:15 | Want to learn the basics of how to hack cool industrial IOT, industrial control systems and technology that moves the world? How to find them, leverage weaknesses in protocols & systems. Turn engineer technical tools into dual use reconnaissance and attack tools. Components of energy grids, digital...
  • Aug 9
    09:30 | Title: Hacking Airplane Air To Ground (A2G) Systems

Description:
    One of the most important parts of avionic systems is the communication. Airplanes use mobile communication to connect to stations on the ground. In many cases the connection is based on LTE-Advanced technology and in...
  • No more items.

Trending

Collapse

• aNullValue
    Ghosting the PACS-man: New Tools and Techniques
    by aNullValue
    Title: Ghosting the PACS-man: New Tools and Techniques

Description:
    Do you fear the PACS-man? Do you lie awake at night atop your pile of RFID cards of unknown origin, pondering grand questions of access control? Is Wiegand a card or a data format? What is an "encrypted"...
    Starts
    August 9, 2020 12:00
    Ends
    August 9, 2020 13:00
    3 hours ago
  • mellendic
    DefCon 28 SafeMode WCTF and 2020 World Wide WarDrive
    by mellendic
    For the 14th year of the Wireless Village at Defcon The RF Hackers Sanctuary (rfhackers.com) is running the Wireless Capture the Flag (WCTF), this encompasses 10MHz - 6GHz in the Radio spectrum and all protocols and their associated bits and bytes.

Our Wireless Capture the Flag has been...
    3 hours ago
  • LosT
    Official Hints
    by LosT
    @defcon #HackerHints Lanyard destination and LostboY pages are dependent. One helps solve the other. Consider numbers as separate pieces....
    1 day ago
  • bbuerhaus
    Lanyard Puzzle
    by bbuerhaus
    Anyone made any interesting observations about the lanyard yet? I'm completely stumped on this.
    2 weeks ago
  • Gigs
    Thank you Lost!
    by Gigs
    Thank you for the awesome puzzles and rabbit holes. This is, in a lot of ways, what DEF CON is all about for me. Learning new skills and expanding my horizons. Every one of your games that I've worked on has taught me things in a way that few other things have pushed me to learn. DEF CON without...
    6 hours ago

Friends

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
X