No announcement yet.

infocon.org discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry for being quiet, but I'm just slowly getting the subscriptions set up and everything mirroring. Once I'm done with that and the con is over I'll start the automation for transcoding and managing updates.
    Last edited by Dark Tangent; July 31st, 2019, 18:45.
    The Dark Tangent: Use PGP for email Key ID: 0x8B0B476D
    Fingerprint: EA2B 63F9 2219 9171 2AB1 0065 FC59 8B0B 476D

Comment

Ok, let me know if help is needed.

Comment

This sounds like a great project! Feel free to let me know if I can help out too.

Comment

Finally got the list from deleite fully subscribed to and everything downloaded. Now to decide which ones to encode and host.

Some on the list are interesting to back up, but not really relevant to a community of hackers.

Next up I'll add some maker / electronics hacking related channels.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Tangent View Post
            Finally got the list from deleite fully subscribed to and everything downloaded. Now to decide which ones to encode and host.

Some on the list are interesting to back up, but not really relevant to a community of hackers.

Next up I'll add some maker / electronics hacking related channels.
            Great. I wonder how many TB you will need.

Filter or categorizing videos of this kind is very difficult, I have been thinking how to sort the ones I'm interested about. Some are talks with no real value (except historial), some other updated tools/vulns, some other step by step tutorials and some other interesting/educational stories (like Jason Street talks).

The challenge is how to sort all this information in a way that senior hackers, newbies and other kind of people could find what they are looking for with less effort.

The only solution I see is having a crowd rating/categorizing system. With the 'crowd' some experts/hackers/speakers that can use their experience to sort this out a bit.

PS: I sent you an email inviting you to a conference next year.

Comment

Good question deleite

A quick check shows that the directory of everything is currently around 5T, before transcoding into HEVC.

I'll first start on all the lock picking related channels.

Comment

We had some down time a couple weeks ago, the torrent servers were running but we didn't have any traffic.

The tracker was working, torrents showed that they were registered.. strange.

After poking around for a while I found the issue.

We use torrents to share our files, and because we are the source of the files we didn't enable DHT (UDP peer finding) but only TCP. If you load our torrent files they point you to our tracker, which then points you to our servers, no need for DHT. I did this to reduce the abuse / reflected amplification (AMP attack) potential of our server.

Well it turns out, for some reason, that if DHT is disabled no one ever seems to be able to find the files and no seeding happens. Once I re-enabled DHT the packets started flowing immediately.

Now I have to dig into the issue. Is it an issue with the tracker? Or everyone's clients just want DHT?

Anyone have any ideas?

Comment

Working...
                X