This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OS, DB, web server, kernel etc. upgraded on forums. Testing posting
    Let us know if you see new problems with the forums since this upgrade.
    Thanks!
    Disclaimer: I do not run or control any villages, contests, events, parties, etc. at DEF CON. Any announcements or updates about Villages, Contests, Events, Parties, etc. posted by me include content from the people running it. I am not responsible for their content or claims. Any answers provided by me about these are best-effort with information i have available at the time of posting/edit but are NOT authoritative. For official answers, contact the organizers. I grant permission to any DEF CON Forum admins to alter announcements for these as needed.
    ------------------------------------------
    6: "Who is Number1?"
    2: "You are number6"
    6: "I am not a number!..."

Comment

• number6
      number6 commented
      Editing a comment
      Test comment.

Work towards another round of upgrades is underway. After 4 hours (7:00pm PST November 9, 2021) if you notice new problems, please let me know.
    Upgrade and testing completed.
    Please let me know if you see new problems after November 9, 2021 at 6:30PM PST.

No other maintenance planned on forums in the near future unless new problems are found.

Thanks!
    Last edited by number6; 4 weeks ago.
    Disclaimer: I do not run or control any villages, contests, events, parties, etc. at DEF CON. Any announcements or updates about Villages, Contests, Events, Parties, etc. posted by me include content from the people running it. I am not responsible for their content or claims. Any answers provided by me about these are best-effort with information i have available at the time of posting/edit but are NOT authoritative. For official answers, contact the organizers. I grant permission to any DEF CON Forum admins to alter announcements for these as needed.

Comment

Minor upgrade applied to forums. Please let us know if you see new problems. Thanks!

Comment

New forum upgrade has been completed, here are the release notes:

Answered Topics

Topics can now be marked as "Answered." This is a special status applied to a specific post within the topic. The post that is marked as the Answer will be highlighted and show directly under the starting post in the topic. The ability to mark posts as the Answer in a topic is controlled by permissions. There are three different permissions to control this. Usergroup and Channel Permissions both support the "Can Set Answer" permission. Within Channel Permissions, there is also a "Can Set Answer on Own Topics" permission. The last permission is under Moderator Permissions to control which moderators can set answers. After upgrading, all of these permissions will be set to No. If you leave the permissions in this state, the feature will be disabled.

The Channel Display module has been updated to allow users to filter by answered status.
        Photo Gallery

The ability to manually re-order images uploaded in a photo gallery topic has been added to the system. This can be accomplished by drag and drop when editing the images during upload.
        Additional Issues
        • Resolved several filter issues with Blogs.
        • Users with custom HTML titles can update their settings without breaking their titles.
        • vB Messenger should load new messages quicker. However, the update rate will slow down with inactivity.
        • Tag searches are no longer case sensitive.
        • Users no longer need permission to post to create flag reports.
        • When uploading a new site logo in Site Builder, it can now be properly applied to all styles.
        • If the site is configured so that the user's birthday is optional, it is no longer required when updating the user settings.
        • Information from inline images should no longer appear in the meta description of a page.

We will be testing and enabling the Answered Topics feature this week and next, and then post about it when it is ready for everyone to try!
        PGP key: dtangent@defcon.org valid 2020 Jan 15, to 2024 Jan 01 Fingerprint: BC5B CD9A C609 1B6B CD81 9636 D7C6 E96C FE66 156A

Comment

Working...
        X