Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TeeShot
    commented on 's reply
    Wow, this is great information. Thanks so much. I use anchor.fm to distribute to all the bigger podcast hosting sites (i.e., Spotify, Apple, Google, a few others). I am really happy with it for distributing but as far as the other features in Anchor, I don't do much with it.

I have only started to scratch the surface with regards to the effects in Audacity. Mainly just some amplification and bass adjustments. I think I waste a lot of time doing things manually that I could otherwise do using an effect.

• ironfeather`
    replied
    Hello, I produce a 60 minute show twice a month that is broadcast on local FM radio in Hokkaido Japan. The focus is music, chit-chat, comedy bits, samples from films, guests when possible. I also use Audacity and it works great. I grabbed the recommended set of free plugins and sometimes will mess with effects, adjust levels, etc and also recommend the "auto duck" I think it is called as you can have it lower bed music levels under your talking.

I scored some used shure 58 mics for cheap at a thrift shop, run into a mixer with other audio sources. Something I am happy to have finally is a pop shield. In the past I would go clean up my pops but now I can just talk freely and no worries. You can buy cheap or DIY style works great also.

Before you speak, avoid drinking milk, drink apple juice :)

Are you posting your show online?
    Cheers

Leave a comment:

• TeeShot
    commented on 's reply
    Oh awesome. Thanks for messaging back. I think it may be best to start the conversation here and see if it gains any kind of momentum.

I have only been producing/hosting my show for a little over a month now. It's a total hobby but I am having a blast with it. Plus it forces me to really dive into stories and headlines I wouldn't otherwise pay to much attention too.

Right now my set up is simple.

I use Audacity for editing and recording.
    I grabbed about 5 royalty free songs off the internet as intro, filler, and outro music. (This is the thing people (i.e., my family) is most impressed with.
    And I use a Blue Yeti Nano microphone which is the only thing I have bought (approx. $100)

Other than that, i'm just having fun with it. I guess there are other details but not sure what people are interested in.

Are you currently producing a podcast?

• ironfeather`
    replied
    greets, I can not answer but can chip in with discussion of gear, software etc to produce shows.

Leave a comment:

• TeeShot
    started a topic Podcast hosts and content creators?

Podcast hosts and content creators?

Is there a forum were people can ask question about podcasts and content generation? I am trying to create a podcast dedicated to cyber and tech and I am curious of other people's experiences and thoughts. I don't want to solicit, just connect.
Working...
X