Publicly Available Firmware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Publicly Available Firmware

Space to post publicly available firmare/software.

I found this last night. None seems to be directly machine-control related. It's mostly in-cab smart capability stuff:
    https://www.deere.com/en/stellarsupp...tware-updates/
    In the above link:
    • In cab terminal/display fw images
    • Starfire gps receiver fw images
    • Autotrac steering system images
    • Implement guidance images
    • Some construction related images
    • Harvest lab fw images - crop quality tool for silage/hay
    • Rate controller fw image - controls manure spreading on a field
    • APEX FMIS software - this could be useful to derive schemas (probably isoxml 2 or isoxml3) for certain types of data they consume/move - think crop yield, as applied data etc.
    • Touch screen radio fw image
    The "touch screen radio" files look suspiciously close to some other qnx work I saw about Subaru head units, here:
    https://www.mdeditor.tw/pl/2Z7t/zh-hk

This is superb info, thank you, L.P.

Comment

L.P. Should we start a collection of binaries, or are they commonly available so no need to mirror?
      PGP key: dtangent@defcon.org valid 2020 Jan 15, to 2024 Jan 01 Fingerprint: BC5B CD9A C609 1B6B CD81 9636 D7C6 E96C FE66 156A

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Tangent View Post
        L.P. Should we start a collection of binaries, or are they commonly available so no need to mirror?
        We should start a collection. They may not be around as things gain traction.

Comment

L.P. Sorry for the late response, but yes, let's start a collection. I'll need your help!

I'll keep adding links to our video collection of farm related security presentations.
          PGP key: dtangent@defcon.org valid 2020 Jan 15, to 2024 Jan 01 Fingerprint: BC5B CD9A C609 1B6B CD81 9636 D7C6 E96C FE66 156A

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Tangent View Post
            L.P. Sorry for the late response, but yes, let's start a collection. I'll need your help!

I'll keep adding links to our video collection of farm related security presentations.
            No problem. Do you have a place in mind? Upload as attachments here? Github?

Comment

• Dark Tangent
              Dark Tangent commented
              Editing a comment
              How big are the files generally? We can host here or on one of our web servers.

The web simulator provides clues as to getting this into QEMU.

1. QNX
            2. Windows CE
            3. Gen4OS

I see no reason why a few weeks of tinkering shouldn’t be able to achieve this ;)

Comment

Full disk firmware image found: uploading shortly!

Comment

The forums has a fairly restrictive set of supported uploads, and fairly small sizes due to limits in php and memory and max execution time.
                The most commonly supported attachment types are media (pictures, video) as images not disk images, with a maximum image size per file of ~8MB which must take less than 16 MB of data (like base64 encoded from 8 bit to 7 in post to server.)

Other attachment types may include PDF, TXT and DOC, but not vmdk or other disk images.

If a disk image or other needs to be uploaded, we'll have to find another way to get it to another defcon.org server.

If Dark Tangent gives me approval, I can provide access to a different server, with private space, per user, for limited time authenticate upload of content, which can then be reviewed and copied to another defcon.org server.

Use of a 3rd party service to allow for download over web could work too, if that is preferred.
                6: "Who is Number1?"
                2: "You are number6"
                6: "I am not a number!..."

Comment

Originally posted by number6 View Post
                  The forums has a fairly restrictive set of supported uploads, and fairly small sizes due to limits in php and memory and max execution time.
                  The most commonly supported attachment types are media (pictures, video) as images not disk images, with a maximum image size per file of ~8MB which must take less than 16 MB of data (like base64 encoded from 8 bit to 7 in post to server.)

Other attachment types may include PDF, TXT and DOC, but not vmdk or other disk images.

If a disk image or other needs to be uploaded, we'll have to find another way to get it to another defcon.org server.

If Dark Tangent gives me approval, I can provide access to a different server, with private space, per user, for limited time authenticate upload of content, which can then be reviewed and copied to another defcon.org server.

Use of a 3rd party service to allow for download over web could work too, if that is preferred.
                  Thanks number6 !

Did send a DM last night with a publicly accessible URL. In any case, I believe it contains GPLv2 code and can therefore be published, possibly via GitHub, but I will confirm that ASAP.

Comment

Originally posted by sickcodes View Post

Thanks number6 !

Did send a DM last night with a publicly accessible URL. In any case, I believe it contains GPLv2 code and can therefore be published, possibly via GitHub, but I will confirm that ASAP.
                    Excellent! Good luck!
                    6: "Who is Number1?"
                    2: "You are number6"
                    6: "I am not a number!..."

Comment

Working...
                    X