X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• breeze
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you for looking into this for me.

I have been trying for a refund for several days. I purchased pre-registration on May 14th and emailed about the refund May 15th, explaining my reason for wanting one.
    I emailed again May 19th. I have not gotten any response which is why I have reached out to the forums.

The order confirmation itself says: "If you have any questions, reply to this email or contact us at shop@mail.defcon.org"
    I have done this.

No, I do not have any replies in my spam folder.
    Last edited by breeze; May 21, 2021, 01:06.

• number6
    commented on 's reply
    I believe you could try for a refund today (May 20, 2021) and that should work. At some point, such a refund and switch to virtual won't work, as the time to ship a virtual will be too small to reach the destination before DEF CON starts.

If the in-person event is canceled then the present plan is to compute the difference between an in-person badge and a virtual badge, then subtract cost of shipping from what remains, and take that total as a partial refund.

If you are looking for a path so you can can initiate down-grade, I asked the person that runs the online store, and they said: "contact me (the person running the online store) via the website (store web site) with their order number and what they want to do." Maybe it will be possible. If you find something that works, please let everyone else here know how it worked out and what happened.
    Last edited by number6; May 20, 2021, 21:33.

• number6
    commented on 's reply
    I may not speak on what the policy will be or provide any exceptions.

The policy that is posted as of now requires proof of vaccination at time of badge pick-up and masks to be worn. Under the present plan, if your 11 year old does not have proof of vaccination, they wouldn't be allowed to pick up a badge.

As for transferring your badge or donating it, that might be a problem... If we are required to keep contact tracing for attendees for conventions in Las Vegas in the event of an outbreak, so they can be informed of an outbreak, we wouldn't have the contact information of the person that attended. I would expect that might be a problem and would advise against it. There might be exceptions. For example, one person buying badges for everyone in their household might be able to act as a POC for contact tracing if that is required and acceptable, because they are a POC to reach everyone in that group purchase. If true and this would satisfy requirements, it would imply that unless you are a reliable relay for communicating such information to the person that received the badge it could not officially be allowed. (This is not permission, because I may not grant permission or exceptions for badges and requirements on contact tracing imposed on us by the City of Las Vegas, or state of Nevada. I'm describing a reason why this might be a problem and a possible (if it is found to be acceptable) way to do what you propose. If you are looking for approval, you'll have to wait for a reply from DT on this topic. I describe likely goals, so you can try to decide a method to address the issue, or propose your own solution if it would be officially allowed)
    Last edited by number6; June 8, 2021, 11:49.

• ricverm
    replied
    I ordered badges thru the Pre Order and was going back thru and I realized that I hadn't seen anything specific about children this year. My son, 11, is not eligible for a vaccine and in searching it looks like there isn't going to be a variant for them until late this year. It clearly states that in personal everyone will be vaccinated and I am assuming that disincludes those that aren't age eligible. This is completely on me, I should have read more into it. Would this be true or is it with the shifting CDC guidance that we will have between now and August? If so, and a refund isn't possible, I would like to know how to transfer or "donate" these tickets to someone that can use them. Thanks in advance.

Leave a comment:

• breeze
    replied
    Are refunds possible?
    Or perhaps a downgrade from in person badge to virtual badge + partial refund?

Leave a comment:

• number6
    commented on 's reply
    For *black badge* use to get human badge, you will have to wait for DT to answer.

For people that purchased human badges, that is answered in https://shop.defcon.org/products/def-con-29 : "In the event that the in-person aspect of DEF CON 29 must be cancelled, it is important that you provide a valid shipping address. This will allow us to expeditiously get your badge out to you. If we are required to cancel the in-person conference, your purchase price will be adjusted to $85 + shipping and the rest of the price will be refunded."

• almus
    replied
    Originally posted by dmr View Post
    Also, how will the Covid vaccine status be checked and verified? Do you need to bring your CDC Covid vaccine certificate?
    I would very much like to know the answer to this question as well.

Leave a comment:

• almus
    commented on 's reply
    @Dark Tangent: and if, for whatever reason, the in-person event does not happen or a black badge holder does not feel safe attending, will we still be able to get a physical badge for this year?

• The Dark Tangent
    commented on 's reply
    My bad, we have refined the policy. Just show up as usual and after vaccine verification you go to the inhuman registration line. Sorry for the confusion.

• number6
    commented on 's reply
    We diagnosed the issue. It is only for ordering just the codes from the store. All other communication from the store passes SPF, DKIM, and DMARC. We already contacted support from the store's service add-on for code purchases, and are waiting to see what options they have available. If this service add-on can just use the store's mail servers, this problem will go away. If they have their own DNS records required, then we will need to know all of those records. We have some ideas how it could be solved, but we don't want to implement a partial solution and make things worse.

• number6
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for the report: suggestion forwarded to the person in charge of content for the online store.

• number6
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for the report. This has been relayed to the person in charge of the store settings to see if it can be resolved.

• number6
    commented on 's reply
    I asked, and this is the answer:
    Any HumanPlus / Human+ code for Discord is to be shipped when/with the physical badge when that is shipped, not electronically and immediately like the QR code for picking up a badge in-person.

There are plans to add this detail to the FAQ, but it isn't there as of "now".
    Last edited by number6; May 18, 2021, 14:16.

• KingRat
    replied
    Glad to see Reg open!

Just a heads up. There is a mistake in the cost example.
    "(For example, if your shipping costs are $10, you would receive a refund of $205. $300 - $85 +$10 = $205)"

It should read $300 - $85 - $10 = $205

Leave a comment:

• zenthere
    replied
    It appears the emails with PDF for the badges are failing DMARC to gmail

the DKIM and SPF appear to be fine, but not sure why the DMARC fails.

ARC-Authentication-Results: i=1; mx.google.com; dkim=pass header.i=@guestmanager.com header.s=s1 header.b="Qy/m5w59"; dkim=pass header.i=@sendgrid.info header.s=smtpapi header.b=iNVUVkAZ; spf=pass (google.com: domain of bounces+97741-db5a-<redacted>=gmail.com@em.guestmanager.com designates 167.89.85.102 as permitted sender) smtp.mailfrom="bounces+97741-db5a-<redacted>=gmail.com@em.guestmanager.com"; dmarc=fail (p=QUARANTINE sp=QUARANTINE dis=QUARANTINE) header.from=mail.defcon.org

Leave a comment:

Working...
X