DEF CON receipts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DEF CON receipts

I have found the receipt PDF for some DEF CONs like 27. But there are other DEF CONs on the media server that do not have the receipt PDF available for download [28].
    Is it possible to make those available? As many of us need to turn them in for work.
    If this is problematic please advise on how we can procure these.

+thank
    Br1ck

Originally posted by Br1ck View Post
    I have found the receipt PDF for some DEF CONs like 27. But there are other DEF CONs on the media server that do not have the receipt PDF available for download [28].
    Is it possible to make those available? As many of us need to turn them in for work.
    If this is problematic please advise on how we can procure these.

+thank
    Br1ck
    At DEF CON 28, there was no in-person event, it was only virtual, and didn't require payment to chat on our Discord server. Gaining access to features on our Discord server as a "HumanPlus" (Human+ https://plus.defcon.org/ $20 ) role didn't use cash for transactions, but instead used some sort of online payment through a third party, which provided a confirmation (receipt) of purchase when payment was made.

Doesn't that receipt provided at time of purchase with a third party meet your work requirements for the virtual DEF CON Human+ add-on last year? If not, please describe which requirements are not addressed and how a DEF CON receipt for the Human+ add-on would help you with your claim at work.

(This is a genuine question, not trolling. Constructive criticism can help us be better with our processes, and understanding why there is an issue, and then what changes can address what is perceives as missing can help. If we decide we need to make a receipt, it would be good to know what would be required on our receipt which was not included in the receipt provided when the purchase was made, or else the receipt we might produce won't help you.)

Thanks!
    Disclaimer: I do not run or control any villages, contests, events, parties, etc. at DEF CON. Any announcements or updates about Villages, Contests, Events, Parties, etc. posted by me include content from the people running it. I am not responsible for their content or claims. Any answers provided by me about these are best-effort with information i have available at the time of posting/edit but are NOT authoritative. For official answers, contact the organizers. I grant permission to any DEF CON Forum admins to alter announcements for these as needed.
    ------------------------------------------
    6: "Who is Number1?"
    2: "You are number6"
    6: "I am not a number!..."

Comment

A downloadable receipt is a big deal for a lot of us who turn them in for expense reports and/or CPEs. For those who paid cash, even this year (though few) this is helpful.

In my case, and this is the stupid case, I've irreparably lost my email receipt. The generic receipt we used to have available would be an adequate replacement.

Did we ever find if the receipt was made this year?

Comment

• number6
        number6 commented
        Editing a comment
        Historically, a DEF CON receipt is created and stored on a server for download after DEF CON ends, and it can take a few days after the end for people to sleep, then get home and upload. It often appears on the media server for the DEF CON content for that year, but I don't see it there yet: https://media.defcon.org/DEF%20CON%2029/

Sometimes it is included with "the CD" of content, but I don't know if CDs were handed out; this year there was a torrent of content which was areoun 13GB large, but I didn't find with the word "receipt" in any part of its name on that downloaded torrent.

Occasionally it is put on the web server with a predictable name and path, but that does not appear up yet.

Best advice? check back tomorrow.

Hello everyone subscribed to this thread getting email of this post and anyone looking at it passively...
      A receipt has been uploaded to the media server as of 2 hours ago (around 4pm Aug 11, 2021):

https://media.defcon.org/DEF%20CON%2...%20receipt.pdf
      Disclaimer: I do not run or control any villages, contests, events, parties, etc. at DEF CON. Any announcements or updates about Villages, Contests, Events, Parties, etc. posted by me include content from the people running it. I am not responsible for their content or claims. Any answers provided by me about these are best-effort with information i have available at the time of posting/edit but are NOT authoritative. For official answers, contact the organizers. I grant permission to any DEF CON Forum admins to alter announcements for these as needed.
      ------------------------------------------
      6: "Who is Number1?"
      2: "You are number6"
      6: "I am not a number!..."

Comment

Working...
      X