No announcement yet.

Attending DEF CON 29 in-person? Please Read Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...providing whatever original documentation your health care provider or vaccination center gave you.
    I am interested in a clarification on the "original" terminology here: would a phone-based photograph of the original document clearly showing the recipient's name on the vaccination card be sufficient to meet the 1st criteria and get the wristband? My concern is that I would rather not bring the actual piece of paper since if happened to be lost or destroyed, I suspect it would not be easily replaceable.

Thanks.

Comment

• number6
      number6 commented
      Editing a comment
      I do not make policy or approve exceptions. The only answer I have to provide is the same as in the FAQ as of "now" (July 29, 2021) and elsewhere: "You must provide an original, signed, vaccination card, dated no later than July 22nd, 2021" but a copy in photo, copy as fax, photo-copy, color printed copy are all technically copies and NOT the original as required.

You will have to wait for some other answer that is not in the FAQ or hope for a revision.

It is possible the answer for this could change, but I do not get to make that decision.
      Last edited by number6; July 30, 2021, 05:38.

I received my 2nd shot on July 23rd. Will I be able to attend the 2nd day onward?

Comment

Originally posted by Altimor View Post
      I received my 2nd shot on July 23rd. Will I be able to attend the 2nd day onward?
      If you will be "fully vaccinated" (example definition: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...vaccinated.htm) after DEF CON starts, but before it ends, and the vaccination check for wristband and badge sales/pickup are still open, then on that day you meet those requirements, I don't see why you couldn't.
      Disclaimer: I do not run or control any villages, contests, events, parties, etc. at DEF CON. Any announcements or updates about Villages, Contests, Events, Parties, etc. posted by me include content from the people running it. I am not responsible for their content or claims. Any answers provided by me about these are best-effort with information i have available at the time of posting/edit but are NOT authoritative. For official answers, contact the organizers. I grant permission to any DEF CON Forum admins to alter announcements for these as needed.
      ------------------------------------------
      6: "Who is Number1?"
      2: "You are number6"
      6: "I am not a number!..."

Comment

This "signed" requirement for the vaccination proof strikes me odd as well, and not just because my card has no signature, just two different scribbles as to where I got the shots.

Comment

• number6
          number6 commented
          Editing a comment
          URL1=https://defcon.org/html/defcon-29/dc-29-faq.html
          Originally posted by URL1
          You must provide an original, signed, vaccination card, with the final dose dated no later than July 22nd, 2021.
          For this, the primary and secondary items are (1)"your final dose (dose 2/2 for Moderna/Pfizer, or 1/1 for J&J, or last in series for others) is completed no later than July 22, 2021" *and* (2)"the document should be the original." The tertiary requirement of (3)"it being signed" is only if the original document is signed. If the original document provided by your vaccination provider does not include sigs, then satisfying the other 2 should be sufficient: original document and date of last in series of vaccine completed no later than July 22, 2021.)
          This is based on the present policies published as of July 29, 2021.
          Last edited by number6; July 30, 2021, 05:36.

UPDATE: (From Dark Tangent (Jeff))

Jeff has worked with SOC goons, and Badge-package assembly (badge, Human+ code, program, + etc. bundle) and sales goons to find a possible way for people unwilling or unable to pick up an in-person badge, to have a trusted proxy pick it up for them.

If you will be in Las Vegas, but you are unwilling or unable to pick up your DEF CON badge in-person, and you have a friend you trust with your badge and codes, and your friend meets all of the prerequisites for picking up an in-person DEF CON 29 Human badge, you can provide your friend with your DEF CON 29 Badge redemption code, and they can redeem your code to get you your in-person badge.

This does not grant you access to in-person DEF CON if you do not meet the requirements for entry including a wristband which indicates you provided proof of vaccination, but it could get you your in-person badge and Human+ code for Discord.

Next, the same option could work if you will not be in Las Vegas, but you have a trusted friend who is willing and able to be your proxy in-person at DEF CON and they can complete their vaccination check and complete any other prerequisites, and then claim your code for you, and bring/ships your in-person badge to you, and maybe even send an encrypted message with your Human+ DEF CON Discord Server Human+ code then then you might be able to get your in-person badge without being in Las Vegas.

These are not ideal solution, and they have their own requirements (having a trusted friend who meets all of the prerequisites and is willing and able to be your proxy) but hopefully it opens up a path for you to solve these last requirements?

Sorry I don't have better news.
        (I do not make or set policies or provide exceptions. I can only provide what is present policy, as best as I can find it.)
        Last edited by number6; August 3, 2021, 21:06.
        Disclaimer: I do not run or control any villages, contests, events, parties, etc. at DEF CON. Any announcements or updates about Villages, Contests, Events, Parties, etc. posted by me include content from the people running it. I am not responsible for their content or claims. Any answers provided by me about these are best-effort with information i have available at the time of posting/edit but are NOT authoritative. For official answers, contact the organizers. I grant permission to any DEF CON Forum admins to alter announcements for these as needed.
        ------------------------------------------
        6: "Who is Number1?"
        2: "You are number6"
        6: "I am not a number!..."

Comment

• DrPoppins85
          DrPoppins85 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you for looking for solutions!

• altman
          altman commented
          Editing a comment
          Seconded, useful additional confirmation and other options!

Originally posted by Phantom81 View Post
        number6 I did not receive an email with any language like that. I have 2 emails from shop@mail.defcon.org and that was basically giving me my ticket and an order confirmation. That is why I was surprised to hear this first on the forums.
        FWIW, I also did not get an email from info@infocon.org, though I did receive several from shop@mail.defcon.org. Glad I caught this thread - I was planning to just show a photo of my COVID card (also has no signature, btw).

Comment

What a bummer, I didn't see this until after I arrived in Vegas and only have a picture of my vaccine card. The policy requirement that not just vaccinated but originally vaccine card and not a picture should have been more clearly stated. Everywhere else that is requiring proof of vaccination accepts a photo.

Comment

Working...
          X