DCG Name Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DCG Name Change

Hi Guys, how are you? I hope you're all safe!

Please, after creating a DCG, if in the future there is a need or desire to change the group name (not the DCG code) will this be possible? Or when the name is chosen it can no longer be changed?

Thanks in advance.
    Thiago

Originally posted by thiago View Post
    Hi Guys, how are you? I hope you're all safe!

Please, after creating a DCG, if in the future there is a need or desire to change the group name (not the DCG code) will this be possible? Or when the name is chosen it can no longer be changed?

Thanks in advance.
    The only cases for name change I recall were when the city/location changed to a new city/location but with the same code. This has happened in the US where an area code can cover a large area, and the people that run the DCG decide to host it in a different city or town.

Example of a kind of change in name which I have seen before:
    DC111 Capitol City, Utopia
    change to
    DC111 Old Town, Utopia
    Still same area code, just different location.

I do not make those decisions, or set policies for DCG.

For an official and authoritative answer, you will have to wait for the person that coordinates with each DCG.

Why not provide an example of the name change you would like to make so when they read this, they can have some idea about the scope of the question.
    Disclaimer: I do not run or control any villages, contests, events, parties, etc. at DEF CON. Any announcements or updates about Villages, Contests, Events, Parties, etc. posted by me include content from the people running it. I am not responsible for their content or claims. Any answers provided by me about these are best-effort with information i have available at the time of posting/edit but are NOT authoritative. For official answers, contact the organizers. I grant permission to any DEF CON Forum admins to alter announcements for these as needed.
    ------------------------------------------
    6: "Who is Number1?"
    2: "You are number6"
    6: "I am not a number!..."

Comment

Working...
    X