DEF CON 30 Badges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DEF CON 30 Badges

Developing a Breathalyzer Badge for DEFCON 30. These units will help decide which components to use. What would you like to see as a feature/game?

Perhaps hitting the sweet spot of alcohol content (aka a low but somewhat random number) reveals a clue to another internal game? it could open doors for some RE or hidden functionality/IoT testing and breaking...

Comment

Actually, I like that! Some time ago I got one of those purse-size breathalyzers but it quit working so I just trashed it. I would be in the market for this, and if it has some game or feature, all the better! :)

Comment

Working on something old school this year. It will be interesting if I pull it off. Stay tuned.

Comment

this looks creative
          will Stay tuned

Comment

Here's my badge for DC30:

https://amuletofentropy.com/

Click image for larger version

Name:	amulet-splash small.png
Views:	1297
Size:	1.72 MB
ID:	242873

Name:	amulet-ace small.png
Views:	1280
Size:	1.60 MB
ID:	242874

Comment

I thought I just posted this, must have been another thread. I did that one too. Soldering the tail end of the display was a REAL challenge! I'm working on adding my own mode.

Name:	aoe1.jpg
Views:	1236
Size:	188.0 KB
ID:	242882

Comment

You did post it - but to a different, similarly-named thread. :-)

Comment

Okay, I'll post this one here too, the Micro-Mac badge. It does a fade-in/out slide show of name tag, various logos, Vegas scenes and such.

Name:	35613-dcbad21200-z.jpg
Views:	1254
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	242892

Comment

Cross posting here because there seems to be more attention here than the other channels.
                    Presenting the Z80 Retro Badge from Uberfoo Heavy Industries. A complete 8bit microcomputer in a badge inspired by the early personal microcomputers of the early 1980s.
                    This badge is our answer to the chip shortage. Can't reliably find new chips? No problem, we'll just have to use old technology!
                    Pictured on the flyer is the front compute board to the left and the rear power board to the right. Only have renders for the moment.
                    Software is still being written, but the plan is for this badge to run old school CP/M allowing it to run old text adventure games like the Zork series and Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy as well as a whole library of retro software.
                    The built in EEPROM will have a monitor BIOS on it that initializes the custom hardware and can then load an OS from the attached CF card. The idea is that we can release new software for users to flash onto their CF cards.
                    Comes with 128k of RAM and an 8k ROM. 6.144MHz clock. Serial input and output is via a Z80 SIO/2 chip that receives a programmable clock from the Z80 CTC chip. There is a 40pin expansion port to allow for interfacing new hardware with the computer. A 44pin IDE port allows the CF card to be attached.
                    Comes with 256Mb CF card and CF card to IDE adapter. Will also include battery and a lanyard.
                    Four addressable RGB LEDs are on the main compute board and can be controlled from the computer. USB-C port connects to built in battery charger and CP2102 serial port connected to the computer for console access.
                    These will be available at D3FC0N at the Hacker Warehouse booth in the vendor area. Price will be $130.
                    The Z80 Retro Badge from Uberfoo Heavy Industries

Comment

Working...
                    X