A new RE village?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new RE village?

Im not sure if this is the right place. I was hoping to put in a suggestion for a new village that I personally would love to see. A reversing village. Like RE, PWN, Binary Analysis. Showing off tools like Ghidra, radare2, IDA, and Binary Ninja. ROP chains and fun of that sort. I know Im not advanced enough to set it up myself but I would definitely be down to help in anyway and I think it could be super cool.

Would love to see this.

Comment

Agree, excellent idea, and I think there would definitely be a demand for it.

Comment

I would also like to +1 this!

Comment

We are always looking for new village ideas, and this sounds adjacent to both the offensive and defensive villages.
          PGP Key: https://defcon.org/html/links/dtangent.html

Comment

Or maybe it is quite useful to combine several initiatives, and it could be a digital forensics village. I wanted to contribute to the village's creation.

Comment

While in the past we haven't gone very deep into the software side (i mean the beyond raw bits as instructions floating in a digital turning machine), we have been teaching RE of hardware and circuits in the Hardware Hacking village. Often challenges in the village would have benefited from a number of these mentioned tools to get more into the firmware of devices. We would happily expand a bit more in this direction if interested people are looking for a home and not wanting to create a whole village.
              -------------------------------------
              Vaka vanha Väinämöinen
              käski nuoren, käski vanhan

Comment

Working...
              X