X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scapegoat
    replied
    www.mouselike.org
    really good web-based irc client. (free registration unfortunatly)

Leave a comment:

• bascule
    replied
    Originally posted by russ
    I'm not sure I'd put that on a box you intend to keep secure or anything having information of any value on it.
    Do you have any specific concerns with CGI-IRC? If so I'd like to hear them. Although I don't use it myself, I have a number of friends who use it regularly.

Furthermore, I see no reason why it can't be properly jailed with Apache's suexec.

Leave a comment:

• russ
    replied
    Originally posted by bascule
    I believe you're looking for something along the lines of CGI-IRC:

http://cgiirc.sourceforge.net/

You will, of course, need access to a web server that will allow you to run CGIs in order to use this. It works quite well with virtually every browser I've tried, but has a number of excellent Internet Explorer specific enhancements.
    I'm not sure I'd put that on a box you intend to keep secure or anything having information of any value on it.

Leave a comment:

• bascule
    replied
    I believe you're looking for something along the lines of CGI-IRC:

http://cgiirc.sourceforge.net/

You will, of course, need access to a web server that will allow you to run CGIs in order to use this. It works quite well with virtually every browser I've tried, but has a number of excellent Internet Explorer specific enhancements.

Leave a comment:

• blackwave
    replied
    or an extra c for the center for disease control
    or an extra c for the cult of the dead cow

Leave a comment:

• ch0l0man
    replied
    Originally posted by Siviak
    CCDC (thats Clark County Dention Center for those of yuo at home).
    i thought you had just put an extra C on the california department of corrections.

Leave a comment:

• blackwave
    replied
    Siviak, sounds like you need to go old-school... there are still a bunch of fun telnetable bbses out there full of chat and mud... unless your admins removed telnet from your system you should be golden. nothing to download, no trace other than going in the clear.

you can start your search here: http://www.dmine.com/telnet/bbslistd.asp?alpha=A

Leave a comment:

• converge
    replied
    it sounds like java/activex is out of the question for him

Leave a comment:

• rusty
    replied
    hrmm

What about a java ssh applet, and connecting into a linux box with BitchX? I'm sure you've got a friend somewhere that'll set it up for you.

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied
    alamak dot com?

Leave a comment:

• Siviak
    replied
    Originally posted by converge
    you may be interested in JWIRC... assuming you can accept java stuff
    that also asks me if I would like to D/L the program... this system that I am on right now is closley monitered.... so I can't/shouldn't/wont D/L or install anything right now.. and I still can't find anything that will lead me to ef-net...... you know what that means folks..... if I can't find something else that just mean many many many many many many, rambling posts from me.. then I get accused of being a post whore... then I gotta kill somone.. then I goto jail.. then i can only repeat the entire process because I am sure that they wont let me D/L or install anything in CCDC (thats Clark County Dention Center for those of yuo at home).. so you can all see the mess that I am in

please help your local non-post-whore SE

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied
    How about the NET SEND command from the command line? :p Actually ICQ lite is all online, I don't think you install anything.

Leave a comment:

• converge
    replied
    you may be interested in JWIRC... assuming you can accept java stuff

Leave a comment:

• Siviak
    replied
    hey man.. it's not that I don't thank you for the help.. but I am at work.. IE no downloads.. no installs... got anything else for me?

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied
    ICQ has a web based client called ICQ2GO. Go here:

http://www.icqlite.com

and the info is on the right side. It even works through firewalls!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X