Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agent X
    replied
    What about index card sized schedule....

What about index card sized schedule for everyday? Printed on plain white paper.
    Fit's in your pocket, ready to go.

Leave a comment:

• murakami
    replied
    I thought I would be clever and use the defcon notexchange as a schedule on my ipaq. The last time I sucessfully got on to the network was Thursday evening ...

Fortunately, I cached a copy of each day. Still, if we could rely on the network, then last minute changes wouldn't be a problem.

Leave a comment:

• DrStrangeCheese
    replied
    I printed out the schedule online and planed what talks/events to attend ahead of time. It helped because despite the crowds I got into all the talks I was interested in. I thought the booklet kicked ass but it would have been nice to have the actual schedule near the front.

Leave a comment:

• blackwave
    replied
    It would be nice to have a summary schedule online to make it formatted for printers... that would certainly be nicer instead of having to kill x number of trees to walk around with a bulge of rolled up paper which is even suckier to carry around than the program itself.

Leave a comment:

• Agent X
    replied
    How do you use the schedule?

Do you use the schedule in the program? Or do you view it ahead of time online? (print a copy and bring it to con?) The reason we are asking is that the schedule is changing right up to the last minute.

Leave a comment:

• Shalome
    replied
    Looked awesome.

Impossible to navigate while drunk. :D

Next year, put a clear (well, clear as possible) schedule of ALL events right inside the cover. Maybe use page numbers, too, so in the clear schedule listing you could have the page numbers so it's like "Oh, this event is at 3pm on Saturday, and I can read more about it on page 6."

Yeah, I'm being anal, I know. But I'm lazy, dammit!

Leave a comment:

• jesse
    replied
    my only complaint? my art didn't make it in. :P

other than that, it was K-rad 31337

Leave a comment:

• rusty
    replied
    My Thoughts

I liked the program this year. Good work.

Pro's:

Booklet
    Not too big
    Not too small
    Much better than dc9's program, which was more like a giant poster and a pain to read.
    Nice Art / Layout - Creative.

Con's:

Somewhat difficult to navigate to find event info.
    (not very, but it could have been more intuitive with event data on the first pages)

see you next year.

-Rusty

Leave a comment:

• blackwave
    replied
    that little yellow thing that people were putting on their badges seemed pretty useless... a lot more info could have been put on there... unfortunately since it was so thin and it covered up the badge constant twisting and turning would eventually leave it somewhere on the ground.

for the main program it would be great to have something on the cover or the front (where one would not have to flip through) to get the immediate data as to what is important... such as times and rooms... a built in compass would be nice :D

making it easier to carry would be wonderful... again because of its awkward size mine stayed in my box-o-swag instead of in my pocket.

Leave a comment:

• ripshy
    replied
    Looked good to me. Although, if possible, could I order another one from you guys if you have any left? At the party on sunday I threw mine away in my slightly-drunken chaos :D.

Leave a comment:

• blackbeetle
    started a topic DC 11 Printed Program

DC 11 Printed Program

Okay, let's hear all the scathing criticism for the printed program. We seek to improve for next year.
Working...
X