• Show
Clear All

• blackbeetle
    replied
    DC 1 or so I am told.

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied
    I still have my programs from DC8 on. I wonder, what was the first year they did a program?

Leave a comment:

• Q42
    replied
    This is of course, not my call, but the press gets the stuff (for obvious reasons), and the speakers get the stuff. Why shouldn't the vendors? They're paying for the vendor space aren't they? I don't know if everyone working for most of the vendors would have an interest in the stuff, but those that do should certainly get it.

Just one man's opinion.

Q

Leave a comment:

• Chris
    replied
    Originally posted by blackwave
    i am down with whatever it takes to make sure that if you are supposed to get a badge because you won it, you paid for it, or whatever that you get the badge and everything at the time you get the badge... getting just the badge and having it put to yourself to go find the rest isn't cool especially when you go and they are out of the items because of whatever reason, or they don't believe you didn't get it...

... the real problem is pre-planning and communication, pre-planning as not having enough of whatever... and communication because it is a hacker convention and saying someone said something and expect the person you are telling to believe you is unreal :) it shouldn't become anyone's problem to get everything you are supposed to get with the badge at the time you get the badge :D
    This one isn't TW and Q's fault in your case BW. This was the fault of Russ and I with the vendor badges. Neither of us were really clear if those that got Vendor badges were entitled to everything else that a normal attendee got. This issue will be specifically addressed in the Vendor FAQ next year as I will get a complete clarification on it.

Leave a comment:

• blackwave
    replied
    i am down with whatever it takes to make sure that if you are supposed to get a badge because you won it, you paid for it, or whatever that you get the badge and everything at the time you get the badge... getting just the badge and having it put to yourself to go find the rest isn't cool especially when you go and they are out of the items because of whatever reason, or they don't believe you didn't get it...

... the real problem is pre-planning and communication, pre-planning as not having enough of whatever... and communication because it is a hacker convention and saying someone said something and expect the person you are telling to believe you is unreal :) it shouldn't become anyone's problem to get everything you are supposed to get with the badge at the time you get the badge :D

Leave a comment:

• Q42
    replied
    Originally posted by blackwave
    ... also the bag idea would solve this 8 hot dogs and 6 hot dog buns packaging scheme... you would have the same number of items needed ....
    Well, the reason for this is that the badges were ordered way before blackbeetle was told what number of programs to order.

I have every confidence that she won't let them do that to her again ;-)

Leave a comment:

• Q42
    replied
    Originally posted by Q42
    non-human attendees?
    heh, that sounds funny.

Leave a comment:

• Q42
    replied
    So are you saying to just do the bags for non-human attendees? I think that'd be a great idea.

Of course, that would be up to blackbeetle.

Leave a comment:

• blackwave
    replied
    Originally posted by Q42
    The only people that did not recieve programs, did not recieve them because there were something like 1000 less programs than badges.
    ... also the bag idea would solve this 8 hot dogs and 6 hot dog buns packaging scheme... you would have the same number of items needed ....

Leave a comment:

• blackwave
    replied
    you see that is for normal registration, any other type of getting a badge, you would just get a badge and not all the goodies you are paying for or are "supposed" to be getting...

so with the bag idea, you can't say you didn't get someting because it is all self-contained... if you have a badge, you got everything that was supposed to come with the badge... no issues.

Leave a comment:

• Q42
    replied
    We also did not really have a problem with people not getting items.

The problem was what they did with the items after they recieved them, which I agree, should be thier problem.

The only people that did not recieve programs, did not recieve them because there were something like 1000 less programs than badges.

Leave a comment:

• Q42
    replied
    We don't make the attendees get the stuff themselves. When the grannies give them the badge, they also give them a lanyard, a program, a CD, and whatever else they are supposed to get.

I don't necessarily mind the idea of a bag, but it's harder for the accounting, harder to transport, and way more difficult for pre-con setup.

Leave a comment:

• blackwave
    replied
    I say put everything for 1 individual into a clear bag and euroseal it so it isn't tampered with before it is given out... that way you hand over your cash, and you get a bag with all the DEFCON stuff you are supposed to get in it, make a bag set for humans, vendors, press, etc... being given a badge and then told to go get the rest yourself at the registration table doesn't fly all the time, and when it does, it doesn't fly well...

Leave a comment:

• Q42
    replied
    Okay, that's fine. I'm all for not giving more than one to a person.

But there's still the ones that need to be given to speakers, press, VIPs, etc.

Even if it's only a couple of hundred, we need more programs than badges.

Leave a comment:

• KeLviN
    replied
    Originally posted by Q42
    I liked the program this year.

My only complaint is that we ran out of them. (You already told me why.)

Way I see it is, however many badges we get, we should print that number + 5-10%.

Lots of people come to the reg desk seeking additional/replacement programs because the one we gave them got lost/stolen/drowned/covered in something I'd rather not know about.
    thats too expensive. i dont want to cater to idiots. the best we could offer is to hand them out at the end....so the morons dont loose,destroy, or ignite them.....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X