X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hackajar
    replied
    Did someone forget to take his happy pills this morning?

Leave a comment:

• audit
    replied
    Re: Re: Re: wall of sheep?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ricky1146
    [B]
    Originally posted by skroo
    Ask Ricky1146 about that, he's probably the most familiar with it here...

True i am, most fimmillar with it. I look on the bright side, i learned something. You learn best when you lose, so you can correct it better. Next year no email or messengers period. I think everyone has to start somewhere, this is where i did. Bad or good, it depends on your outlook of it.
    Jesus H. Fucking Christ. Get a goddamned clue you moronic throwback of evolution.

How hard is it to sign up for a free hushmail account? Learn that HTTPS is your friend and so is SSH when your not in a secure environment. Even when you THINK your in a secure environment, your not, if you learn one thing, learn this, someone could always be watching EVERYTHING your doing.

audit

Leave a comment:

• spahkle
    replied
    Re: Re: Re: wall of sheep?

[i]Originally posted by Ricky1146
    True i am, most fimmillar with it. I look on the bright side, i learned something. You learn best when you lose, so you can correct it better. Next year no email or messengers period. I think everyone has to start somewhere, this is where i did. Bad or good, it depends on your outlook of it. [/B]
    Heheh, I learned the first year that low tech is the only way I'll go to Defcon. Doesn't take much technological know-how to hold a beverage. The only tech I take is what's in my head {no matter my head is so small :D }.

Leave a comment:

• Ricky1146
    replied
    Re: Re: wall of sheep?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by skroo
    [B]Ask Ricky1146 about that, he's probably the most familiar with it here...

True i am, most fimmillar with it. I look on the bright side, i learned something. You learn best when you lose, so you can correct it better. Next year no email or messengers period. I think everyone has to start somewhere, this is where i did. Bad or good, it depends on your outlook of it.

Leave a comment:

• JockVSJock
    replied
    Originally posted by blackwave
    I was sitting in the Vendor area most of the time and the wifi was sucking the lofi big time... i only connected once, and connected via ssh before the lofi got unstable enough to drop me ... couldn't connect since... oh well no big deal... :(
    I had to sit in the area where food was served, right under the AP to get connected.

And even then just browsing web pages, nothing else.

Leave a comment:

• meee
    replied
    Some history on the wall of sheep.

During Defcon X a group of people (probably less than 15 of us) happen to sit at the table together and decided to scan the network for people ‘dumb’ enough to go online and check their e-mails, logon to their own networks etc…Once we got this information we wondered what to do with it. Someone in the group went to the food area and re-appropriated a few paper plates and we all started to write down the user name, part of their password and what they were accessing. We also re-appropriated a banner someone placed on the wall and re-posted it with the words F**ked sheep. After the hotel staff complained, we removed the F word, left the word sheep and drew a sheep that has been…violated. I think we posted more than 60 paper plates of people using their personal accounts at Defcon the first day.

This year we had a few good catches, there were ‘technical’ difficulties with the network at first, and some outages. But we all had a good time. The wall of sheep/shame is a lesson for all to know, you are being monitored.

One fun moment we had this year was a girl who came up to say, you didn’t get me, I used my laptop in my hotel room. We replied, “Guess again”

See you next year.

Leave a comment:

• spahkle
    replied
    Originally posted by ripshy
    I always thought that was Montana?
    Had some friends from Wyoming.. it's amazing the techniques they would share in *ahem* cornering a sheep.

.. our friendship was never quite the same

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied
    Originally posted by ripshy
    No, that's where men are sheep and women are sheared.

Leave a comment:

• ripshy
    replied
    Originally posted by spahkle
    I think his alias was "Wyoming"

where the men are men and the sheep are scared

Leave a comment:

• ripshy
    replied
    Originally posted by kraa26
    we even had a kid ask how to get on the lofi.. told him.. it was on the internet and he would have to get the drivers and the special frequency to connect.. and he went back to his room to get the info.
    That was just mean. Good though...very good.

Leave a comment:

• kraa26
    replied
    After we put up that the wifi was down and that you had to use the lofi... you should of SEEN the amount of people looking at the overhead trying to figure it out.. I was laughing my ass off.. we even had a kid ask how to get on the lofi.. told him.. it was on the internet and he would have to get the drivers and the special frequency to connect.. and he went back to his room to get the info.

hehe

Leave a comment:

• spahkle
    replied
    Originally posted by Vow
    That guy either has 4-5 "I fuck sheep" t-shirts, or (I prefer to think the former) he wore it 3 days straight that I know of. He could add a by-line that says "and I smell like one" if the latter is the case.
    I think his alias was "Wyoming"

where the men are men and the sheep are scared

Leave a comment:

• Vow
    replied
    That guy either has 4-5 "I fuck sheep" t-shirts, or (I prefer to think the former) he wore it 3 days straight that I know of. He could add a by-line that says "and I smell like one" if the latter is the case.

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied
    Here is someone at the con who is not afraid of a wall of sheep!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Grifter
    replied
    The only reason i would need to get online is to talk to you fools, and since you're already there, I'll just walk up to you. No Intarwebs from Defcon people!! Just wait a few days, your e-mail is not that important.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X