Made it as far as Utah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Made it as far as Utah

I made it to Utah. A few short hours from the con. Then my life changed. The guy I was riding with rolled my Jimmy. I spent 4 days in a hospital in Price, UT, a 2 hour ambulance ride from the crash site. My truck is trashed, $19,700 damage. All windows broken, engine ground through the hood, transmission snapped in half, and rear axle snapped and off the truck.

I walked away from this nightmare! not knowing those yet to come in my sleep.

All my computers and such trashed, and $25,000 (thank god for insurance) in medical bills.

Yet, I'M STILL HERE DAMNIT!

-Xeno

P.S. Does anyone want to give me their badge in sympathy. I know its not as good as being there, but the only thing i have from my trip are scars, stitches, broken bones, and bills.

cheating death...

that is pretty damned insane, you are the 2nd person I have heard rolling and totalling their vehicle on the way back up from dc11... <twilight zone music>

Comment

Re: Made it as far as Utah

Originally posted by XeNoXaOs
      Then my life changed. The guy I was riding with rolled my Jimmy.

You know, I thought you were going in a completely different direction until I read the next sentence... :D

Seriously, though, that sucks. Is your insurance going to cover your computers?
      Last edited by GroktimusPrime; August 18, 2003, 21:55.
      --
      You're married to this piece, this weapon of iron and wood... and you will be faithful!

Comment

I made it to Utah. A few short hours from the con. Then my life changed. The guy I was riding with rolled my Jimmy. I spent 4 days in a hospital in Price, UT, a 2 hour ambulance ride from the crash site. My truck is trashed, $19,700 damage. All windows broken, engine ground through the hood, transmission snapped in half, and rear axle snapped and off the truck.

I walked away from this nightmare! not knowing those yet to come in my sleep.

All my computers and such trashed, and $25,000 (thank god for insurance) in medical bills.

Yet, I'M STILL HERE DAMNIT!

-Xeno

P.S. Does anyone want to give me their badge in sympathy. I know its not as good as being there, but the only thing i have from my trip are scars, stitches, broken bones, and bills.
        Damn man, sucks to be you.

Comment

I made it to Utah

seriously.... at this point I knew it couldn't get much worse... as fas as the badge goes I happen to have an extra... but I am not into charity... whats in it for me? :D
          If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

Comment

Re: Re: Made it as far as Utah

Originally posted by Siviak
            seriously.... at this point I knew it couldn't get much worse... as fas as the badge goes I happen to have an extra... but I am not into charity... whats in it for me? :D
            Lots of Jimmy parts? :p

XeNoXaOs: glad to hear you did not croak. Trying again next con?
            Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Comment

That sucks.

That's really terrible. I hope you're doing okay, physically and otherwise. I can send you my badge. It was signed by Monsieur Mitnick, if that's alright. :)
              Last edited by CCC; August 18, 2003, 20:07.

Comment

Re: That sucks.

Originally posted by CCC
                I can send you my badge. It was signed by Monsieur Mitnick, if that's alright. :)
                well hell that puts Siviak out of business...

Comment

Insurance doesnt cover the contents. because it was plugged into the car, its considered part of the car. yet i dont get any more for my car.

yes i will be there next year, scars and all

-Mike

Comment

Re: Re: That sucks.

Originally posted by blackwave
                    well hell that puts Siviak out of business...
                    That makes it less valuable.

Well... He was 0wn3d by HighWizard, so maybe it would make it more valuable. Then again, so was siviak.

Comment

Insurance doesnt cover the contents. because it was plugged into the car, its considered part of the car. yet i dont get any more for my car.

yes i will be there next year, scars and all

-Mike

Don't worry, Defcon was cancelled next year, so you don't have to worry about going at all.

Comment

Ok, there's something very wierd about Defcon Attendee's traveling through Utah.

I'm the other guy that Blackwave mentioned. Hit a deer just outside Brigham city. Total write off. While not as bad as yours, still eerily similar.

No spare badge, but I'll see what extra Shwag I got around.

No offense to anyone from Utah, but I'm going around it next year. That state is trying to kill defcon attendees
                        Never drink anything larger than your head!

Comment

Originally posted by renderman
                          No offense to anyone from Utah, but I'm going around it next year. That state is trying to kill defcon attendees
                          SCO
                          Virtutis gloria merces

Comment

I personaly think its a sinister plot by Grifter and his UT2600 friends to attract more members. You folks are lucky you got out alive.

Seriously tho, glad both of you are OK

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

Originally posted by renderman

I'm flying!

Comment

Working...
                              X