X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Astral
    replied
    Originally posted by Chris
    You have to be vigilant AFTER the lock down..but that is the same with any OS.
    This is absolutely true. Allthough i still question windows security even in lockdown, it can be made safer. i ment my tools for use for security testing. Im actually in the process of developing a nice tool that protects clients on a network from arp attacks, (minus manually entering static routes).

Leave a comment:

• Chris
    replied
    Originally posted by astcell
    I think "Windoze Security Tools" is kind of like looking for good locks for your screen door.
    Well...since I seem to be in a contrary mood tonight I am going to disagree here too.

Now..ANYONE that knows me knows that I despise windows, but in my opinion, a good, windows security admin who knows what he is doing can lock down windows as good as *nix.

You have to be vigilant AFTER the lock down..but that is the same with any OS.

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied
    Heck there is freeware out there that can even recover partitions. Nothing is safe. when you write it on a disk it may as well be heiroglyphics in a cave somewhere.

I think "Windoze Security Tools" is kind of like looking for good locks for your screen door.

I just bought Undelete 3.0 for Servers and tomorrow I'll see what a few old PCs can give up. :>
    Last edited by astcell; September 15, 2003, 22:26.

Leave a comment:

• TwinVega
    replied
    Originally posted by blackwave
    Windows no longer allows you to format the OS while you are using it... they seem to be learning. :)
    I thought they stopped that at least at '95

Leave a comment:

• blackwave
    replied
    Originally posted by kraa26
    Best security tool for windows is format :)
    Windows no longer allows you to format the OS while you are using it... they seem to be learning. :)

Leave a comment:

• kraa26
    replied
    Best security tool for windows is format :)

Leave a comment:

• Astral
    replied
    ok new secureIM finished and uploaded. fixed broken link! The new secureIM now has 128 bit blowfish cipher to encrypt the icmp data payload.

Leave a comment:

• Astral
    started a topic Windoze Security tools

Windoze Security tools

Hi, im new to this board and I like the looks of it already. I dont usually post to alot of computer boards due to massive amounts of kiddies out there aka www.antionline.com etc. Well im just posting because i would like some feedback on some security tools i have written for windows, and or ideas for new ones to create. Currently i have developed and finished 2 full working arp attack tools, one mainly for knocking hosts around on a lan and or causing major routing probs. The other one was based off of ettercap. I liked using it so much, but hated its dos environment and sometimes port bugs as it was originally for linux, so i wrote my own. Im lacking on connection killing and OS and host ident, but other than that, its a full sniffer even with full VT100 decoding when port 23 connections are selected to sniff. It work by doin an ARP MitM. I also have several other tools to check out, and i will be updating the SecureIM tool which uses random ICMP packets to make sniffing a little harder. what i mean by random is change the acutall ICMP type. i will be updating this with a new version that encrypts all data in the icmp with 128 Blowfish encryption. Thanks guys for anything, and any recomendations/flames/bugs/critisizm is welcome.
    Astral
    www.leetgeek.net
Working...
X