X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• octalpus
    replied
    Originally posted by TwinVega
    You're going to have to excuse octalpussy, she's new here...what she meant to say was the best JAVA book ever is JAVA in a Nutshell from O'REILLY, and to accompany that book you may want to purchase is JAVA Examples in a Nutshell...

That will be all.
    No... those are great references. But for a real down-to-earth explanation of the OO world (something that can be difficult for a strict C programmer), there is nothing better than Thinking in Java. That is all. Carry on.

STFU n00b

Leave a comment:

• TwinVega
    replied
    Originally posted by octalpussy
    The best java book ever:

http://www.mindview.net/Books/TIJ/

It's written from the perspective of someone moving from C to Java, but it is helpful for a beginning student as well. I was lost until I read this book. Better yet, it's free.
    You're going to have to excuse octalpussy, she's new here...what she meant to say was the best JAVA book ever is JAVA in a Nutshell from O'REILLY, and to accompany that book you may want to purchase is JAVA Examples in a Nutshell...

That will be all.

Leave a comment:

• octalpus
    replied
    The best java book ever:

http://www.mindview.net/Books/TIJ/

It's written from the perspective of someone moving from C to Java, but it is helpful for a beginning student as well. I was lost until I read this book. Better yet, it's free.

Leave a comment:

• TwinVega
    replied
    Originally posted by 0versight
    Java is very useful, nothing beats Java Security not even C++, C++ bows down to Java in the Security aspect of it..
    Amen brotha

Leave a comment:

• converge
    replied
    Originally posted by AcideX
    dude i hate java why the hell did they make do java as a beggining pre req for computer science why not VB?
    --verbose

they are trying to teach you structured thinking... not how to dump your brain onto paper. VB _can_ do that for some that are already to think in that likeness, but seperating language from structure is much more simple with something completely foreign like c++/java.

imo the intro classes should be c. ..really disappointed by the inro classes that use c++ .. can't speak for the ones that use java

Leave a comment:

• kraa26
    replied
    Originally posted by Chris
    Uhh...because it is a Degree not an MCSE.
    LOL.. I love it.

Leave a comment:

• spahkle
    replied
    dude i hate java why the hell did they make do java as a beggining pre req for computer science why not VB?
    If you code the way you write, you have difficulty with any programming language.

Leave a comment:

• Chris
    replied
    why the hell did they make do java as a beggining pre req for computer science why not VB?
    Uhh...because it is a Degree not an MCSE.

Leave a comment:

• AcideX
    started a topic dude java is hella hard!

dude java is hella hard!

Working...
X