Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• converge
    replied
    fuck the AP.. defcon cafe now open at the St Tropez :)

That seafood place was pretty good... whatever it was called. The pho place was decent. Microwave is a must.... Last year I ate subway and AP food.. this year I actually had a taste of real food, mixed in with a healthy dose of Mr Luckys... and the rest of the time.. well, thats my yearly homage to caffeine :)

Leave a comment:

• octalpus
    replied
    Originally posted by che
    I believe I tried to get a cookout going for DC11.. I offered to slave over the grill. Too bad the grill did not make it.. ( /me looks over at Octalpussy.. maybe next year?)
    While I didn't bring a real grill, I did have my GF grill. I never got around to taking it out of the van... but I did have it. :D

Leave a comment:

• octalpus
    replied
    Originally posted by bobaxos
    i like the after con party idea. also it would be safer to do it on property as they might tollerate it more then the local authorities considering permits and food regulations etc.
    Have you BEEN to con? AP is not real keen on anything that might take away from their opportunity to charge $3 for a slice of greasy cheese pizza. Yes, a SLICE. I was at a large festival downtown this weekend, and in the midst of all the vendor food price gouging, Papa John's had personal pizzas for $3. The whole pizza for $3. Not one greasy little piece. Bleh.

Leave a comment:

• bobaxos
    replied
    mmm ribs. i love ribs and that sounds delicious. now only if i had a smoker.

Leave a comment:

• murakami
    replied
    Originally posted by che
    I believe I tried to get a cookout going for DC11.. I offered to slave over the grill. Too bad the grill did not make it.. ( /me looks over at Octalpussy.. maybe next year?) Wonder what the AP would have to say about us grilling?
    How about smoking? I make some badass apple wood smoked ribs.

Leave a comment:

• Gadsden
    replied
    I believe I tried to get a cookout going for DC11.. I offered to slave over the grill. Too bad the grill did not make it.. ( /me looks over at Octalpussy.. maybe next year?) Wonder what the AP would have to say about us grilling? I would think they would object to us lighting ANYTHING on fire, and the fire marshal would probably have a stroke. Anyone have any insight on this?

Originally posted by mfreeck
    ok, let's not forget about the vegetarians.
    We won't.. they will be grilled and served with a side of BBQ beans. :D

Leave a comment:

• mfreeck
    replied
    Originally posted by ck3k
    This could get good...../me gets out his steak sause :D
    ok, let's not forget about the vegetarians. I happen to know that vegetarians and even <gasp> vegans exist at Defcon and would appreciate this. If the grill were clean first, you could cook up some fine marinated veggies before the meat eaters were even hungry (ie: still busy getting drunk[er]).

Leave a comment:

• bobaxos
    replied
    i like the after con party idea. also it would be safer to do it on property as they might tollerate it more then the local authorities considering permits and food regulations etc.

Leave a comment:

• KeLviN
    replied
    Originally posted by skroo
    Right there behind ya with the pepper and the Guinness :)

See, the way I figure it... As long as it takes place off AP property, and nobody tries to bring the spoils back *on* to AP property, well, there's bugger-all they can do about it - so, uh, y'know... If this just sorta *happens*... ;)
    make it part of the sunday post-con pool party and it will fit in nicely...

hmm.... post con pool party and BBQ cookoff? i like it!

Leave a comment:

• skroo
    replied
    Originally posted by ck3k
    Right there behind ya with the pepper and the Guinness :)

See, the way I figure it... As long as it takes place off AP property, and nobody tries to bring the spoils back *on* to AP property, well, there's bugger-all they can do about it - so, uh, y'know... If this just sorta *happens*... ;)

Leave a comment:

• ck3k
    replied
    Originally posted by skroo
    I really like this idea, especially the BBQ part. The only problem I can see is with the AP not liking the 'competition' with their own food & drink concession. Of course, if it were held in the vacant lot behind the hotel, there wouldn't really be a lot they could do about it ;)

Leave a comment:

• skroo
    replied
    See.... that's not cooking. Not unless you made a nice drink recipe based on those drinks. I mean people barbequeing, making regional dishes you've never eaten before, sharing something you would otherwise never try... it'd be getting to know forum people a whole other way. :)
    I really like this idea, especially the BBQ part. The only problem I can see is with the AP not liking the 'competition' with their own food & drink concession. Of course, if it were held in the vacant lot behind the hotel, there wouldn't really be a lot they could do about it ;)

Leave a comment:

• hackajar
    replied
    See.... that's not cooking. Not unless you made a nice drink recipe based on those drinks. I mean people barbequeing, making regional dishes you've never eaten before, sharing something you would otherwise never try... it'd be getting to know forum people a whole other way. :)
    Let's do it! I'll bring my Geroge Foreman grill, got-a watch the calories n' all.

Leave a comment:

• EeeekPenguins
    replied
    Originally posted by KeLviN
    unless you build a cooking bot, i think that a cookoff veers a little too far from the techno theme of con...
    Thats in R&D at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• KeLviN
    replied
    Originally posted by EeeekPenguins
    I think a defcon cook off would be great a contest.
    unless you build a cooking bot, i think that a cookoff veers a little too far from the techno theme of con...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X