X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ck3k
    replied
    Originally posted by yankee
    I did the same. Very clean, but the thing that got me was how quiet it was. Dual processor, but the fans made NO noise.
    when it is on, it is monitored so the fans spin at a required speed, when it was on with the cover off, you could see them spin at very very low rpms, and then speed up when the proc was used....very nice.....pcs do this to, just not to this level of quiet.

Leave a comment:

• yankee
    replied
    Originally posted by ck3k
    I have been looking at macs, and I wish I had the money, cause not only are they sleek, they also are fairly powerful. I harassed a best buy employee the other day, and made him take the cover off a g5 and let me look around inside, they are clean, i mean, not this hobeled together mess that is the pc, this was clean and functional....very envious.
    I did the same. Very clean, but the thing that got me was how quiet it was. Dual processor, but the fans made NO noise.

Leave a comment:

• ck3k
    replied
    I have been looking at macs, and I wish I had the money, cause not only are they sleek, they also are fairly powerful. I harassed a best buy employee the other day, and made him take the cover off a g5 and let me look around inside, they are clean, i mean, not this hobeled together mess that is the pc, this was clean and functional....very envious.

Leave a comment:

• DJ Jackalope
    replied
    Whoa...
    where did that come from?

I dig my mac AND my pc...

lope

Leave a comment:

• bobaxos
    replied
    that video is awsome, and thats all i have to say about that.

OSX is quite nice, used it a couple of times at school. I still like my pc.

Leave a comment:

• Xodia
    replied
    I've been a mac user for about 4 years now, and I must say, With OS X, Apple did themselves a huge favor.
    I d OS 9, it was crap. But the darwin core to OS X is great, and It makes Runnning/porting linux apps easy as cake.

Leave a comment:

• murakami
    replied
    Originally posted by KeLviN
    yes, osX is tight, but it's hardly the reason that they are sellin like hot cakes.... at least, not for the average users....
    I'm hardly the average user and I haven't owned a Mac since my 512e, but I'm thinking about getting a PowerBook. It's just that they are sexy as hell and look good with Hugo Boss and DKNY. If Apple would toss out that crap ass interface, add another button to the mouse, and give me a term right away I'd buy one right now.

Leave a comment:

• hackajar
    replied
    OSX based off of BSD kernel...Yep, makes sense why they are back in the game.

Now only if Apple would ease up on the price, I would be apt to buy one. Really would like to get one of the rack mounts in my 42U, all the other servers seem lonly without one! But at $2000, I can't justify the cost.

Leave a comment:

• KeLviN
    replied
    Originally posted by converge
    I think its probably safe to say that OSX pretty much saved the company from a lifetime of pointless existance and actually threw them back into competition. I go down to the local coffee shop / wifi point and I am the _only_ one without a powerbook or ibook of some fashion. I'm so jealous.
    the OS has always been user friendly. the macs started picking up with the introduction of the imacs. it was the new appealing styling that the old performa's lacked.....
    now people are willing to pay a little more for the hardware in trade for something....style!

lets face it, the average new computer buyer has no clue as to what they are buying. ie. the OS doesnt matter in the slightest.

yes, osX is tight, but it's hardly the reason that they are sellin like hot cakes.... at least, not for the average users....

Leave a comment:

• converge
    replied
    I think its probably safe to say that OSX pretty much saved the company from a lifetime of pointless existance and actually threw them back into competition. I go down to the local coffee shop / wifi point and I am the _only_ one without a powerbook or ibook of some fashion. I'm so jealous.

Leave a comment:

• ripshy
    replied
    I first saw that about 8 months ago, and its still funny to this day.

I have to say though, macs are easy as shit to manage. When I was doing work on school computers during 8th grade, we had a mac that was crashing on boot. To fix the problem, our schools IT guy had me drag all the startup extensions out of the system folder, and systematically drop them back in, then restart to narrow down the one that was causing the problem. When found, we just replaced it with the same file from another machine.

Although I have always disliked macs from a user point of view, they are heaven for admins. That and OSX gave me a completely different view point on them, Apple did a good job on it.

Leave a comment:

• Shatter
    started a topic Mac vs. PC

Mac vs. PC

It's old, but it's funny.

Enjoy

(wmv encoding, sorry)
Working...
X