Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how would one go about getting booked to play at defcon2004?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BYTE-Smasher
    replied
    Not bad.... I'll have to check that out when I get my slack box back up..... how's the interface?

Leave a comment:

• skroo
    replied
    Originally posted by BYTE-Smasher
    I might as well wait for a complete FT2/IT2 clone for linux....
    http://www.reduz.com.ar/cheesetronic/ :)

Leave a comment:

• BYTE-Smasher
    replied
    Yah... the windows based tracker's downfall is it's interface... definitely.... and the lag produced by buffering so bloody much... dos trackers had no buffer in between the program and the sound card.... because they were coded well....so they didn't need one.... the whole song was stored in ram.

My wish for the longest time was that someone would just simply port the dos trackers to windows.... without all the frills.... or just access the windows sound system and keep the dos interface... either way.... it doesn't seem like it's going to happen any time soon.... I might as well wait for a complete FT2/IT2 clone for linux.... that's more likely to happen.... (update from my previous post where I said windows was still my OS of choice... I've been teaching myself linux... I started off with slackware.... bash only for now..... till I get to know where everything is :P )

Leave a comment:

• skroo
    replied
    Impulse tracker was actually the better program.... solely on the fact that it had resonant filters...... but I never learned the interface..... :(
    The interface made a lot of sense if you came to it from ScreamTracker, which it was heavily based on. I skipped FastTracker entirely - I found the interface too combative :)

I really wish someone would do a proper tracker for ncurses (or at least port the existing DOS ones to NT). I've always found it a lot more difficult to work in the GUI-based trackers - more time-consuming.

Leave a comment:

• BYTE-Smasher
    replied
    Impulse tracker was actually the better program.... solely on the fact that it had resonant filters...... but I never learned the interface..... :(

Leave a comment:

• skroo
    replied
    Originally posted by brennx0r
    (fast tracker II)
    Impulse Tracker 2.14 rules them all.

Leave a comment:

• brennx0r
    replied
    I prefer fast tracker II...
    (fast tracker II)++++++++++++++++++++++

Leave a comment:

• BYTE-Smasher
    replied
    I have always hated fruity loops...... but I'm not one to talk.... my music (http://bytesmsher.ath.cx/music.html) is shit anyway.... I prefer fast tracker II..... but my scene is dead now.... stupid M$..... ergh..... I just love how they call all my favorite dos apps "Legacy Software"..... and how they don't like to be backwards compatible...... GEOS for the C64 is legacy software.... not dos programs..... ergh....

Leave a comment:

• DJ Jackalope
    replied
    Originally posted by TwinVega
    I very simple one to play around with is Hammerhead, it'll entertain you if you're bored for at least a couple minutes
    Heh...so will masturbation if you go really slow....heh....

lope

Leave a comment:

• TwinVega
    replied
    I very simple one to play around with is Hammerhead, it'll entertain you if you're bored for at least a couple minutes

Leave a comment:

• ck3k
    replied
    I dont know anything about music software at all, I got a demo of Reason 2.5, and It is way complicated for those of us less musically incliend (me) anyways know of some simple to use programs for me to get my ideas onto a track of some sort? I heard fruity loops mentioned but I have never personally used it, nor do i know what it sounds like.

Leave a comment:

• detok
    replied
    fruity loops fiends

Jesus, do all of your artists use fruitly loops? Every Single song sounds like it. I used to use fruity loops, and god like all of those sounds, un-modified fruity loops trash.

Leave a comment:

• pirateaudioss23
    replied
    here's some trax that we have produced
    www.pirateaudio.org/mp3/mp3.htm
    enjoy ; )

Leave a comment:

• kraa26
    replied
    Originally posted by bobaxos
    yeah you should post up some mp3's its the best way to get your music around.
    Free swag never hurts.. :)

Leave a comment:

• bobaxos
    replied
    yeah you should post up some mp3's its the best way to get your music around.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X