X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kapu
    replied
    Originally posted by kapu
    I got a dell hard drive from an auction but I cannot access it. It keeps asking for a password. I have used recovery software and I can see what is in on the disk but it is locked out to fdisk or format functions. I guess Dell has hidden the BIOS password somewhere on the drive. Any ideas on how to remove this obstacle so I can use this hard drive on my Gateway laptop?
    Thanks in advance.
    I haven't tried Partition Magic yet but I'll give it a try. Thanks for the advice. I've tried a recovery software that lets me re-write the bios and everything else but I still it stilll asks for the password. I'll give PM a shot. Thanks again.

Leave a comment:

• converge
    replied
    Don't you hate it when the BIOS takes over your hardware and implants itself onto your ATAPI drives?... try a fresh master boot record :p

Leave a comment:

• highwizard
    Guest replied
    Short the Hardware.

Leave a comment:

• ck3k
    replied
    I would suggest some 3rd party harddrive software....such as partition magic or another program that will do a format. Or I think if you load linux as one should, It will allow you to bypass any winblows security on the drive.

Leave a comment:

• hackajar
    replied
    Originally posted by kapu
    I got a dell hard drive from an auction but I cannot access it. It keeps asking for a password. I have used recovery software and I can see what is in on the disk but it is locked out to fdisk or format functions. I guess Dell has hidden the BIOS password somewhere on the drive. Any ideas on how to remove this obstacle so I can use this hard drive on my Gateway laptop?
    Thanks in advance.
    *Chirpy bleach blonde voice chims in*

"3rd floor panties, and thongs....4th floor, here you go sir, fucktards, and asshats...Enjoy your day!"

Pump-whoooosh, now flushing to /dev/null

Leave a comment:

• kapu
    started a topic password for dell hard drive

password for dell hard drive

Thanks in advance.
Working...
X