X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DJ Jackalope
    replied
    Originally posted by mmca
    Yup 'Y' is excellent, another Vertigo book to check out is 'Proposition Player' its about a prop player who goes up against heaven and hell for souls he won in a bar bet. Its written by the same guy who does 'Fables' another great Vertigo title.
    I'd heard Proposition Player is awesome. Bill Willingham is also writing Robin right now.

jlope

Leave a comment:

• mmca
    replied
    Originally posted by DJ Jackalope
    Y The Last Man ->
    if anyone is looking for a new Vertigo series to read, Y rules. Its about joe blow guy (insert your name here) suddenly finding himself the Last Man on Earth, how he deals with it, his mother being the new President of the USA, his sister being a Amazon warrior, and his monkey. Really cool stuff.
    jackalope
    Yup 'Y' is excellent, another Vertigo book to check out is 'Proposition Player' its about a prop player who goes up against heaven and hell for souls he won in a bar bet. Its written by the same guy who does 'Fables' another great Vertigo title.

Leave a comment:

• goathead
    replied
    foo

0 lord. well... maybe i should sell my set before they flush its remaining worth.

damned thier broke arses.

Leave a comment:

• spahkle
    replied
    Originally posted by jesse
    "constantine" is gonna blow.
    After all, it is Keanu (Whoooooaaaaa, Duuuuuuuuude!) :D

Leave a comment:

• jesse
    replied
    "constantine" is gonna blow.

they changed it so he's an american, it takes place in los angeles instead of london, they got rid of the punk rocker origin, he has black hair now instead of blonde... It's pretty much nothing to do with the comic. Too bad, and comic movies were looking up since Hellboy.

Leave a comment:

• goathead
    replied
    kewl thanks

excellent tip. ill check it out tomarrow.

on another note, i do hope that they do constantine justice. any idea what story line they'd be pulling from? hopefully the astra storyline, how they f-ed over satan and left him boning fish in greece... wows. i might be getting my lines crossed.

anyway thx

Leave a comment:

• DJ Jackalope
    replied
    Y the Last Man : Hellblazer movie

Two things:

Hellblazer movie is coming out with that zany Matrix actor guy. I think its called Constantine.....I am thinking its going to be failry funny with that guy in the part especially since Constantine is modeled after Sting.

Y The Last Man ->

if anyone is looking for a new Vertigo series to read, Y rules. Its about joe blow guy (insert your name here) suddenly finding himself the Last Man on Earth, how he deals with it, his mother being the new President of the USA, his sister being a Amazon warrior, and his monkey. Really cool stuff.

jackalope

Leave a comment:

• goathead
    replied
    im not ashamed of my meeger collection, but more ashamed that i lapsed on my inbox at my corner shop. started getting expensive with the owner preloading my box with whatever he thought fit my taste.

mostly Vertigo titles, alot of Verotik, Dark Horse Aliens, and my favorite... Vigil. Gunfighters in hell, Faust, EO... great work.

i might have to swing thru the comix shop today to get caught up on my serials... i still do like Hellblazer quite a but.

Leave a comment:

• lil_freak
    replied
    Originally posted by DJ Jackalope
    hey there, if you're near Denver, check out Mile High Comics. There's also a Dawn convention sketchbook that came out about a month ago too. Linsner had his portfolio "stolen" at Pittsburgh comic con, but got it back a week later.

jackalope
    I will do that.

I got the Dawn sketchbook the day it was released. :D

I hadn't heard about that, good thing he was able to get it back. This is the first year that I will miss out on DragonCon, but that's okay.

Leave a comment:

• DJ Jackalope
    replied
    linsner comix

Originally posted by lil_freak
    I love to collect comics, most of my collection is made up of X-Men, Riptide, and Dawn comics.

I am looking for the following comics to add to my collection:

Dawn: Three Tiers 2
    Dawn: Three Tiers 3
    Dreams of Dawn Dealer Set
    (BY: Joseph Michael Linsner)

and

Riptide, issue 2
    hey there, if you're near Denver, check out Mile High Comics. There's also a Dawn convention sketchbook that came out about a month ago too. Linsner had his portfolio "stolen" at Pittsburgh comic con, but got it back a week later.

jackalope

Leave a comment:

• mmca
    replied
    I read all kinds of comics. Lately ive been on a zombie kick. Anyway about a year ago I bought a comic book store. If any of you are ever in the Studio City (SoCal) area stop by.
    http://ComicSmash.com

---
    http://LayerOne.info

Leave a comment:

• jesse
    replied
    i am known to make my own, but i doubt i'll have anything to trade at defcon with.

Leave a comment:

• LosT
    replied
    Transmet, et al

I really enjoyed Transmet & Preacher...Tales of the Drive-in had art that really got in the way of an interesting story, very 'Clivesque'-

I hear that Joss of Buffy fame is going to be writing X-men soon? (Or something like that)- Is that true?

Comics. It's been a while.

LosT

Leave a comment:

• dirtwork
    replied
    A friend of mine and I are currently writing a comic. We had the intention of getting it done by Wondercon (2 months for 2 n00bs to crank out a comic... yeah, *that* happened). Had no idea how much work it is just to get the dialogue written, much less storyboarding, art, ink, et cetera.

As my friend's a music geek, his idea is to include a CD with each issue, a soundtrack of sorts. It's also let us do some timing jokes, which is pretty cool.

Just finished reading the 4th Preacher graphic novel, Watchmen, Transformers vs. GI Joe (I'm a sucker for anything Transformers). If you haven't read Watchmen, I highly recommend it.

Leave a comment:

• LiteHedded
    replied
    the Jim Lee batman stuff was good

Leave a comment:

Working...
X