Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lil_freak
    replied
    I love to collect comics, most of my collection is made up of X-Men, Riptide, and Dawn comics.

I am looking for the following comics to add to my collection:

Dawn: Three Tiers 2
    Dawn: Three Tiers 3
    Dreams of Dawn Dealer Set
    (BY: Joseph Michael Linsner)

and

Riptide, issue 2

Leave a comment:

• azma
    replied
    Any one make there own comics on Photo shop ar by hand.. interested in tradeing origional creations at the con???

Leave a comment:

• Spongetron
    replied
    Hmmm I LOVE comics ,especially manga. However, most of my collection has a foundation of much, much older comics.....some of them originally cost about 10 cents a comic. I have some vintage Spiderman, Hulk, the Lost but not forgotten She- Hulk, Wonderwoman,etc. My newer comics surround Daredevil (btw I thought the movie sucked big time especially the Sai and Sandbag secene with Jennifer Garner...it was more like interpretive dancing than practice) . The only full collection I have of manga is Maison Ikkoku. It's in the original language and in mint condition. Okay back to my normal unexcited self.

Leave a comment:

• jesse
    replied
    well, if that's the case, those x-men would probably be that valuable.

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied
    I'm not a comic guy at all but I do remember that there was Richie Rich, X-Men, and some badly drawn superman comics. I know I had the X-Men in low numbers, like issues 2 through 5.

Leave a comment:

• highwizard
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by astcell
    When I was in high school I loaned a guy $25 and as collateral I got a box of mint condition comic books. He never paid me back. I joined the Army and three years later came home to find the box of comic books. They were in the garage for three years, were wet and had mold all over them.

I took them to a comic book store to try to sell them. The owner had a tough time peeling them apart. The smell was terrible and the comics were slippery from the slime. all the covers were eaten away but the pages survived a little bit.

He help up one wet clump of paper and said, "I will give you $25 for this one." I took it, I got my $ back.

Heaven forbid I imagine what it was worth when it was in mint shape!

The world may never know.. Unless you tell us what Comics they were.

Leave a comment:

• jesse
    replied
    entirely possible.

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied
    This was back in 1983, maybe things were different then.

Leave a comment:

• jesse
    replied
    that's totally insane. most comic shop owners won't even buy mint comics, so the thing must have been valuable. or he saw a $50 under the cover.

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied
    When I was in high school I loaned a guy $25 and as collateral I got a box of mint condition comic books. He never paid me back. I joined the Army and three years later came home to find the box of comic books. They were in the garage for three years, were wet and had mold all over them.

I took them to a comic book store to try to sell them. The owner had a tough time peeling them apart. The smell was terrible and the comics were slippery from the slime. all the covers were eaten away but the pages survived a little bit.

He help up one wet clump of paper and said, "I will give you $25 for this one." I took it, I got my $ back.

Heaven forbid I imagine what it was worth when it was in mint shape!

Leave a comment:

• jesse
    replied
    god comic books.

Far too much of my money has been spent on the evil things.

but I still love them.

my faves: Sin City and most Frank Miller books, Love & Rockets, Eightball, anything by Alan Moore, anything Grant Morrison, anything by Neil Gaiman, Optic Nerve, Hellboy, anything by Jim Mahfood, anything by Evan Dorkin, Cerebus...

I've also been buying a lot of the "Essential" marvel collections, good reading, huge (like 300 pages) and cheap ($12).

Leave a comment:

• kree
    replied
    Originally posted by Siviak
    I read comics... they are cool.... seriously tho.. I do like gregory he rocks! and I found that I like a bunch more ... after they gav me free stuff at comicon :D
    geesh, the last comicon I went to was I think '88 in san diego. Memories............

Leave a comment:

• DJ Jackalope
    replied
    shattter-

New Transmet TPB comes out this week.

And yeah...like totally SPAWN is the worst right now, its a total joke. Every issue to see that comes out it at least like 9 months late, and they could make a crapload of money if they botherd to actually collect those things...its like trying to read Hellboy or Invisibles, its all out of order....

lope

Leave a comment:

• Siviak
    replied
    I read comics... they are cool.... seriously tho.. I do like gregory he rocks! and I found that I like a bunch more ... after they gav me free stuff at comicon :D

Leave a comment:

• Shatter
    replied
    I like the comics that are complete, or going to be a complete.

Sandman
    Preacher
    Transmetropolitan

or things that have come out in graphic novel.

Ellis's Punisher

I just hate when they don't reproduce the graphic novels in complete form. Spawn graphic novel and punisher do this I've noticed. Rather annoying for us purists that don't want to collect the monthlys but want to read them all none the less.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X