X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• defigo
    replied
    Any one ever read Dreadstar?

Dam, that was good. The first 20 issues Rocked :) And the first part of the story started out in epic comics though I cant rember the name ..

Author was Jim Starlin did a lot of Dr strange and early Capt Marvel .

http://www.starlin.com/

Leave a comment:

• LosT
    replied
    Much of the SLG stuff is good, some is crap though.

You should read "The Goon" ~

This thread won't die, kind of like a comic book character.

LosT

Leave a comment:

• Cai
    replied
    Originally posted by DJ Jackalope
    I was wondering if any of you out there are secret comic book lovers, collectors, fienders, fan boys/girls, anything like that?

who wants to know the latest comic book scoop?

jackalope
    Bear from SLG is possibly one of the funniest comics I've read in a long time.
    I can also recommend The Walking Dead from Image

Havent read comic books in a while, but slowly comming back to them!

Leave a comment:

• DJ Jackalope
    replied
    Originally posted by dandroid
    Never really got into many comics. Always loved The Maxx. Just something about really twisted turns the story takes.
    I was talking to William Messier Loeb about the Maxx. He's the writer. He said that Sam Keith would call him on the phone and tell him the crazy Maxx story and William would have to rehash it and occasioanly tell Sam that "that's too weird!" or something along those lines. The Maxx got really drawn out on the fly with how they did it.

Keith is writing / drawing a DC book right now called Scratch. He also did: Zero Girl which has two volumes out.

Jackalope

Leave a comment:

• skroo
    replied
    Originally posted by Webster
    Im a Punisher, and green lantern fan 8)
    Green Lantern rules. Ditto the Shadow.

I miss KNX 1070's Drama Hour. Sadly, they cancelled it over a year ago. It was some of the best radio programming going, esp. if you were into pre-war comics.

Leave a comment:

• Webster
    replied
    Im a Punisher, and green lantern fan 8)

Leave a comment:

• dandroid
    replied
    the maxx

Never really got into many comics. Always loved The Maxx. Just something about really twisted turns the story takes.

Leave a comment:

• DJ Jackalope
    replied
    Originally posted by kiji
    i am but i havent had them sence the first spawn was out man i miss comics..lol
    Welpers, get off your ass and go to a store on Saturday, you pissed off muppet.

jlope

Leave a comment:

• kiji
    replied
    i am but i havent had them sence the first spawn was out man i miss comics..lol

Leave a comment:

• LosT
    replied
    Spiderman ][ movie

Just saw Spiderman ][ today. It was pretty good, better than I thought it would be.

Look for a few cameos: Bruce Cambell, Stan Lee and a few others.

Hobgoblin is on the way for Spidey III (duh)

CG looks pretty good, still a *few* scenes that look like you are watching an X-box, but for the most part really good.

Definately a Raimi film.

LosT

Leave a comment:

• DJ Jackalope
    replied
    Free Comic Book Day

welpers so far i've read->
    the Barry Ween, the Marvel Spiderman, the Top Shelf free comic, and part of the Del Ray Negima/XXXholic free book.....

Barry Ween is my hands down favorite, but i'm all into little kids swearing and shit.

Top Shelf: has James Kochalka, Scott Morse, Jeffrey Brown, and Aaron Renier. I'm not sure why they didn't put any Craig Thompson or thier newest find, Andy Runton who is coming out with a book called Owly soon in there.

Spiderman: is pretty, but well, Spiderman.

the Del Ray book: just run of the mill manga, I like Ken Akamatsu, but manga kinda blends together if you look at as many books as i've seen.

don't forget to go by your local comic book stores to get your mitts on at least one of these puppies on July 3rd.

jackalope

Leave a comment:

• jesse
    replied
    Originally posted by DJ Jackalope
    Hey there! With the exception of Savage Dragon and Hellboy (and Lobo is making appearences now and then) do you like anything that is still in print? :)
    new sin city comic coming soon, according to one of the mailing lists i'm on...

Miller really needs to do more stuff.

Leave a comment:

• mmca
    replied
    Wow there are more comic book folk here then I realized. Couple of you have emailed me re Free Comic Book Day... yes I will be participating, but I dont think Ill be bringing any free comics to con :( Dunno yet, if there are enough of you who really dont have a local comic book store... Ill see what I can do.

http://comicsmash.com/FCBD/FCBD.jpg

Leave a comment:

• DJ Jackalope
    replied
    anything recent?

Originally posted by DonnieDarko
    Let's see...
    Cerebus
    Hellboy
    Johnny The Homicidal Maniac
    Bone
    Lobo
    The Maxx
    Sin City
    The Savage Dragon
    Bean World
    SCUD
    Hey there! With the exception of Savage Dragon and Hellboy (and Lobo is making appearences now and then) do you like anything that is still in print? :)

Marc Silvestri is still floating around too, I can't remember anything he's doing off hand.

Miss jackalope
    (who got some new records today to torture you all with.)

Leave a comment:

• DonnieDarko
    replied
    OOO Comics

Let's see...
    Cerebus
    Hellboy
    Johnny The Homicidal Maniac
    Bone
    Lobo
    The Maxx
    Sin City
    The Savage Dragon
    Bean World
    SCUD

Mangas:
    Cowboy Bebop
    Berserk(translated, first 2) The guy who's translating them is taking forever, but I will be patient.

Woah, going through my comics I found this Cyber Force comic signed by Marc Silvestri. Haha I still remember standing in line for 6 hours to get this guy to sign it. 7 years old on the streets of LA with my dad and brother, waiting for the limited edition Cyber Force to come out so I could get one and have it signed. I don't think it's worth much, but it's one of the best memories I have. Well the cover says US 12.95 so it sould be worth at least that haha.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X