X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gadsden
    replied
    Originally posted by DJ Jackalope
    Thanks for the link! I'm SO out of practice, i hope they have like beginner's kits or something.....

dorkalope
    If you are getting a new kit, spring for the one with the glass fermenters. They pay off in the long run. The beginner kits that they have are what I use.. they only difference is you do not have to extract the malts from the grain, that is skipped over by using malt extract. I would also go with an ale kit, as you can ferment at higher temps, unless you have a fridge to keep the fermentation temp down.

Leave a comment:

• Gadsden
    replied
    hm well if shipping would cost a mint...
    how about rent out AP rooms like a couple weeks ahead of time and brew the beer there?

lope

thats GOTTA be cheeper in the long run...really...

A decent beer takes around 6 weeks to be ready.. a good beer (like the Russian Imperial Stout that yankee liked so well) can take several months. Not to mention all the cooking required to preare it..

Pezz: True, the beer would be safe with you, but are you driving?

Leave a comment:

• pezz
    replied
    Originally posted by che
    Thanks, Yankee.
    I really would like to bring more to the con next year, but getting it there is a major problem. I took 12 bottles of beer and 1 bottle of mead this year, and it was a pain in the ass to lag around the airports. Shipping it would cost a mint. Any suggestions?
    I could tote a few 6 packs for you. Of course your beer was great but I am more of a liquor kinda chick so you wouldnt have to worry about me drinking the stash.

Leave a comment:

• DJ Jackalope
    replied
    Originally posted by che
    Thanks, Yankee.
    I really would like to bring more to the con next year, but getting it there is a major problem. I took 12 bottles of beer and 1 bottle of mead this year, and it was a pain in the ass to lag around the airports. Shipping it would cost a mint. Any suggestions?
    hm well if shipping would cost a mint...
    how about rent out AP rooms like a couple weeks ahead of time and brew the beer there?

lope

thats GOTTA be cheeper in the long run...really...

Leave a comment:

• Gadsden
    replied
    Originally posted by yankee
    Have to go with Che on this one. His Russian Stout kicks ass.
    Thanks, Yankee.

Leave a comment:

• DJ Jackalope
    replied
    **Jackalope is currently trying to make beerwars a reality through all the right channels**

Leave a comment:

• DJ Jackalope
    replied
    Originally posted by jesse
    why, so we can have another dumb teenage girl pound down an entire case of it and cry because she's alcohol sick?

uh jesse,
    before you speak about occurances at defcon, get the facts straight. sorry guy.

jackalope

Leave a comment:

• jesse
    replied
    why, so we can have another dumb teenage girl pound down an entire case of it and cry because she's alcohol sick?

Leave a comment:

• pezz
    replied
    You have it all wrong... defcon beer should be very sweet and fizzy, It should taste exactly like soda pop. There should not even be a hint of alcohol in the taste. Although the alcohol content should be around 10 to 20 percent.

No one will know it is beer until it is too late and they are fuked.

Trojan beer

Leave a comment:

• ripshy
    replied
    Originally posted by bascule
    Probably like that nasty shit we were chucking around the pool...
    That was a good burn though.

Well, we have a few months to experiment. THis could even become a new contest...

Leave a comment:

• yankee
    replied
    Originally posted by che
    My homebrew, of course! ;)
    Have to go with Che on this one. His Russian Stout kicks ass.

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied
    Dark Stout, mmmm, hard to find good ones these days.

Leave a comment:

• DJ Jackalope
    replied
    Originally posted by che
    Try this place. (www.northernbrewer.com ) They are where I get most of my stuff, and I have always had GREAT luck with thim.
    Thanks for the link! I'm SO out of practice, i hope they have like beginner's kits or something.....

dorkalope

Leave a comment:

• Gadsden
    replied
    i have a full small brewery in my kitchen, but nowhere around where i live sells brew stuff!

jackalope

Try this place. (www.northernbrewer.com ) They are where I get most of my stuff, and I have always had GREAT luck with thim.

Leave a comment:

• Gadsden
    replied
    My homebrew, of course! ;)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X