Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

no more spam

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • no more spam

    Is it just me or has anyone noticed a reduction in spam mail, I have not kept up with the new spam law and dont know too much about it. What I do know is that I kinda miss going to my junk folder and weeding through all my spam almost made me feel like I was important or as if I had alot of friends in the pr0n industry.
    If there is a Church of WiFi, then this is it's !

  • #2
    You have got to be kidding me
    "Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"

    Comment


    • #3
      I only get about three spam messages per week thanks to a combination of Bayesian filtering and greylisting as is. I could care less what Johnny Law does to try to eliminate spam... technology has already done it for me.
      45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B0
      45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B1
      [ redacted ]

      Comment


      • #4
        I could really care less about spam wether its 1 or a 100 spams its a free email account and they only goto my junk folder anyways, I have just noticed a big reduction in spam and was wondering if anyone else noticed either, thats all.
        If there is a Church of WiFi, then this is it's !

        Comment


        • #5
          Well I found out a pretty much fool proof way to not get spam.....dont give you your e-mail adress.
          The penguin is watching.
          "The DefCon forums dont reward knowledge, but punish iggnorance." -Noid

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by EeeekPenguins
            Well I found out a pretty much fool proof way to not get spam.....dont give you your e-mail adress.
            Even that doesn't do any good. Lots of places sell your email address. Lots of them also deny it. Example, I created a hushmail account a while ago so I could put it on my resume. Well, I created the account on a Friday. I didn't update my resume with the new address till the following Monday. SO from friday to monday morning the only people that knew I had that address were me and hushmail. Monday morning I had 5 pieces of spam waiting for me. Incidently hushmail really pushes buying a full account so you can take advantage of their anti-spam software. Anyone else see whats (probably) going on here?

            One anti-spam trick I have been using is to make disposable accounts. This obviously only works if you run your mail server, but its not only nice to have disposable accounts but its also interesting to see who is selling your address. So when I start getting SPAM for credit cards and organ enhancing drugs and its being sent to amazonspam@23.org, I know who sold my info. I can then also delete that alias. I'm currently signed up to go to a trade show in Feb, the email address used for that will be disabled as soon as I physicaly arrive at the show, thus preventing the metric tons of spam that will undoubtedly be heading my way.

            I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

            Comment


            • #7
              I have a yahoo name and I have never gotten any random spam. I have an extra e-mail adress that I have set up to get all of my spam.
              The penguin is watching.
              "The DefCon forums dont reward knowledge, but punish iggnorance." -Noid

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by noid
                One anti-spam trick I have been using is to make disposable accounts. This obviously only works if you run your mail server, but its not only nice to have disposable accounts but its also interesting to see who is selling your address. So when I start getting SPAM for credit cards and organ enhancing drugs and its being sent to amazonspam@23.org, I know who sold my info. I can then also delete that alias. I'm currently signed up to go to a trade show in Feb, the email address used for that will be disabled as soon as I physicaly arrive at the show, thus preventing the metric tons of spam that will undoubtedly be heading my way.
                This is using your noodle, it might be an old trick it might be a new one but deffinately I like it. I guess not responding to the spam has probably helped me in not receving gobs of new spam, another thing I noticed and thought was funny is that after looking through some of my spam some time ago and following the links I exited safari and noticed a couple of .exe's sitting on the desktop now if I was running windows it would have probably istalled some kind of browser search bar or dialer or something but since its a mac it couldn't. Well I guess I could live without spam but lets face it if you have a way to keep control of it, it can be quite comical to read some of the subject titles.
                If there is a Church of WiFi, then this is it's !

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by EeeekPenguins
                  I have a yahoo name and I have never gotten any random spam. I have an extra e-mail adress that I have set up to get all of my spam.
                  I get +- 35 a day @ yahoo ;(. But their spam filter is pretty good
                  And God saw that it was good.
                  And God blessed them, saying "Be fruitful and multiply."

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by VeXocide
                    I get +- 35 a day @ yahoo ;(. But their spam filter is pretty good
                    Ok, I can understand the +35 a day but how do you get -35 a day?
                    If there is a Church of WiFi, then this is it's !

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by kree
                      Ok, I can understand the +35 a day but how do you get -35 a day?
                      Maybe he sends 35 spams a day.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I use hotpop for email and haven't gotten one piece of spam yet. However it might be possible that my email program (POP type) is filtering it. I use the Apple Mail Program. Noid you totally rule.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          With +- i meant, on average :o
                          Last edited by VeXocide; January 5, 2004, 07:51.
                          And God saw that it was good.
                          And God blessed them, saying "Be fruitful and multiply."

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by VeXocide
                            With +- i meant, on average :o
                            ahh ok, I get +-2 spams a day! :D
                            If there is a Church of WiFi, then this is it's !

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X