X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• valkyrie
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by bascule
    I really need to find a good quality vinyl copy of Traffic's Mr. Fantasy...
    EX-traffic, Bacule. Try Stevie's later stuff...

(Now, if THAT isn't incipiently obvious, I don't know what the hell is...*grin*)

Leave a comment:

• bascule
    replied
    Originally posted by Chris
    The sad thing is, other than you, me, and probably bascule no one else has figured your given name out....these kids today..I'll tell you what :D
    I really need to find a good quality vinyl copy of Traffic's Mr. Fantasy...

Leave a comment:

• valkyrie
    Guest replied
    The sad thing is, other than you, me, and probably bascule no one else has figured your given name out....these kids today..I'll tell you what :D
    Gone way off topic, but...*snicker* So much music, so little time...

RocketGrl

Leave a comment:

• Chris
    replied
    Originally posted by r0cketgrl
    Then my other handle would probably bring up for you some Wagnerian operas, and my given name would call up refrains from a tune by an ex-Traffic member. We all have our peculiarities. Personally, I find peculiarities totally delicious!

:-)

RocketGrl

Leave a comment:

• murakami
    replied
    Murakami, what can I say? I am a person of eclectic and varied tastes. :-) GEB and Metamagical Themas are two of my favorite books, though I have others. The shoes, well, because I guess I have a streak of vanity, as well as an appreciation of innovation and quality engineering, whether it be in my toys, my associates, or my shoes.

RocketGrl

GEB is one those books that I have been reading and re-reading over the past 20 years. It still gives me lots of stuff to think about. I would also recommend Stephen Wolfram's A New Kind of Science.

Italians may not be able to keep a government solvent for more than 4 months, but they are damn fine engineers and designers when it comes aquaducts, cars and shoes.

Leave a comment:

• valkyrie
    Guest replied
    Yes, it certainly wasn't a put down by any means. I have a weird idiosyncrasy of hearing people's names/handles and songs starting in my head. For you, it's Rocket Queen. When mfreeck sets her IRC nick to freek-away I start hearing Trip Away by Jane's Addiction except with the words changed to Freek Away...

I have issues. :D

Then my other handle would probably bring up for you some Wagnerian operas, and my given name would call up refrains from a tune by an ex-Traffic member. We all have our peculiarities. Personally, I find peculiarities totally delicious!

:-)

RocketGrl

Leave a comment:

• Chris
    replied
    Thanks Chris! I think I am flattered. FYI, I got the handle when I was a wannabee aerospace student. It stuck and I was just too lazy to change it.

RocketGrl

Yes, it certainly wasn't a put down by any means. I have a weird idiosyncrasy of hearing people's names/handles and songs starting in my head. For you, it's Rocket Queen. When mfreeck sets her IRC nick to freek-away I start hearing Trip Away by Jane's Addiction except with the words changed to Freek Away...

I have issues. :D

Leave a comment:

• valkyrie
    Guest replied
    Ok.../dev/null-ish question here...but is it just me or does anyone else start hearing Rocket Queen by GnR everytime she posts?
    Thanks Chris! I think I am flattered. FYI, I got the handle when I was a wannabee aerospace student. It stuck and I was just too lazy to change it.

RocketGrl

Leave a comment:

• M3ph
    replied
    Best of Bowie dvds
    Beatles puzzle
    Edward Scissorhands dvd
    Metropolis dvd
    Dream Theater- "Train of Thought" cd
    >.>'' Hello Kitty pajamas.
    Salvador Dali calendar
    "Hell Froze Over" Apple poster

Leave a comment:

• valkyrie
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by murakami
    Good god. Godel, Escher, Bach and Max Mara, definitely different, but piques my interest.
    Murakami, what can I say? I am a person of eclectic and varied tastes. :-) GEB and Metamagical Themas are two of my favorite books, though I have others. The shoes, well, because I guess I have a streak of vanity, as well as an appreciation of innovation and quality engineering, whether it be in my toys, my associates, or my shoes.

RocketGrl

Leave a comment:

• murakami
    replied
    The Art of the Chopper by Tom Zimberoff
    An autographed copy of Godel, Escher and Bach: The Golden Braid by Douglas R. Hofstadter
    Stevie Ray Vaughn and Double Trouble, Live at the el Mocambo CD
    Totally sexy red Max Mara high-heeled pumps

RocketGrl
    Good god. Godel, Escher, Bach and Max Mara, definitely different, but piques my interest.

Leave a comment:

• Chris
    replied
    An autographed copy of Godel, Escher and Bach: The Golden Braid by Douglas R. Hofstadter

RocketGrl
    Ok.../dev/null-ish question here...but is it just me or does anyone else start hearing Rocket Queen by GnR everytime she posts?

Leave a comment:

• valkyrie
    Guest replied
    Christmas Loot

RocketGrl

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied
    You returned the tablet? Got a good replacement in mind or is a trip to Fry's in the cards? :>

Leave a comment:

• KeLviN
    replied
    samsung syncMaster 152n :D
    150$ visa gift card :)
    various harley-davidson stuff
    new ,bigger, G.F. grill :)

baught myself
    vison v800xpt - returned (crappy communist hardware)
    compaq tc1000
    storix cd-rw/ dvd rom (my furst burner......) :D

Leave a comment:

Working...
X