Linux vs M$

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux vs M$

I've used Windows for ever and I'm thinking of switching to Linux Mandrake... Do you think it's worth the switch?
    "I wash my hands of those who imagine chattering to be knowledge, silence to be ignorance, and affection to be art." -Kahlil Gibran

"Half the world is composed of idiots, the other half of people clever enough to take indecent advantage of them." -Walter Kerr

Tell us why you want to switch and maybe we can help you :)
    The penguin is watching.
    "The DefCon forums dont reward knowledge, but punish iggnorance." -Noid

Comment

Originally posted by Beginner
      I've used Windows for ever and I'm thinking of switching to Linux Mandrake... Do you think it's worth the switch?
      This happens to be being discussed in another thread. I'd recommend reading it for some of the points it raises.

Comment

Originally posted by Beginner
        You may want to try out Knoppix to get the feel of it and make sure that is what you like. Mandrake is very newbie (and lazy) friendly.
        Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Comment

I love these posts. Sorry I'm not psychic nor an expert on the intelligence, lifestyle, or computing habits of a person named "Beginner" I would start by explaining some basic things like how long you have used a computer and what you use it for besides downloading Janet's boob. That said I think mandrake is a whack distro to pickup.

Comment

Working...
          X