Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does my AP room rate include DC12 registration???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• astcell
    replied
    When I forst got the sheet of charges I went throuth the room to make sure all the stuff was there. The clock radio was busted, there was water damage in the bathroom on the floor and the drapes did not open. I ran back to the front desk to report these items to avoid a charge for it all. The gal behind the desk told me to not worry about it. I told her I will worry. She whined and made notes in the computer.

If they expect a clock radio to be worth $100 instead of $9.99, it had better work!

Leave a comment:

• Neural
    replied
    Originally posted by ck3k
    I know last year, Twinvega and I had no problem with the block price, but the insurance money or whatever a night turned out to be like 500 bucks, insane for a deposit. I know defcon brings them cash flow, so they should respect that fact, and give us a break when it comes to our rooms. I just want a flat rate for rooms, no suprises. A trick they may work for others is to get rooms a day ahead of defcon, and book it thru, this way i heard you can avoid most of the shit, infact they didn't make us sign the waiver for the room (the one with the HIGH priced crap in hotel rooms) I am pissed off at them, I plan on calling and giving them some shit one of these days.
    The incidental deposit was $50/day if you paid cash. I think they charge that on your credit card as well and then refund it back to the card if you didn't destroy your room. So if you're staying 5 days you need to have an extra $250 to cover the incidental deposit which you will get refunded on check out.

It'll probably be the same this year as well.

Leave a comment:

• ck3k
    replied
    I know last year, Twinvega and I had no problem with the block price, but the insurance money or whatever a night turned out to be like 500 bucks, insane for a deposit. I know defcon brings them cash flow, so they should respect that fact, and give us a break when it comes to our rooms. I just want a flat rate for rooms, no suprises. A trick they may work for others is to get rooms a day ahead of defcon, and book it thru, this way i heard you can avoid most of the shit, infact they didn't make us sign the waiver for the room (the one with the HIGH priced crap in hotel rooms) I am pissed off at them, I plan on calling and giving them some shit one of these days.

Leave a comment:

• pezz
    replied
    At one point we were discussing raising the reg fee for DC. Perhaps this alternative will afford us the partial relief we were seeking at that point in time.

Leave a comment:

• ndexsrvr
    replied
    snip from a reservation confirmation

Here's the confirmation information from the web based transaction I made.

Note: I paid with plastic. I'm staying over the weekend - not leaving until Monday. This reservation was made on 03/10/2004.

Confirmation Information
    --------------------------------------------------
    Confirmation Number: <omitted for the silliest reasons>

Reservation Information
    Room Type: Monarch (Standard)
    Arrival Date: 7/28/2004
    Departure Date: 8/2/2004
    Guests: 2
    Cost for Stay (Sub-Total): $645.00 USD
    Room Tax: $58.05 USD
    Total Cost: $703.05 USD
    Deposit Required: $140.61 USD

Stay Information
    Day (7/28/2004): $129.00 USD
    Day (7/29/2004): $129.00 USD
    Day (7/30/2004): $129.00 USD
    Day (7/31/2004): $129.00 USD
    Day (8/1/2004): $129.00 USD

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied
    I would not mind the higher room fees if the food was priced for less-than-famine times.

Leave a comment:

• highwizard
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by freshman
    What I find really interesting is something Bodhi had mentioned to me. Why is it that the weeks before and after DC, the same room is $139 to $159 (weekend) a night??

Chris or blackbeetle,
    Has anyone talked to the AP yet?

-FRESHMAN

It's called Milking us for every last penny that can squeeze out of us... And it's starting to make the St. Tropez look 10x better.

Leave a comment:

• blackbeetle
    replied
    I have spoken with the AP directkly. We are currently working on a solution to reserving rooms that will be pain free for everyone. It should be, hopefully, resolved by tonight.

Rates that are offered on dates other than the conference we have no control over- just as many of the individual hotels have no control over large wholesalers like Expedia or Orbitz bartering better rates with "corporate headquarters" than what they would like to offer at a given time. Because we have a multi-year contract, our rates are set long in advance. We can only hope to re-negotiate yearly based on economic trends (which is why we don't post our contracted rates years in advance) but we can never count on any hotel lowering rates or even considering this - costs increase every year for everyone, including the running of the show, inflation, and the cost of running a hotel. That's a basic fact.

In your case, you will want to speak with the hotel directly regarding the charges once the website is up. And of course, there is always the recourse of contesting the charge if the hotel refuses to honor the established rates.

Leave a comment:

• freshman
    replied
    Originally posted by highwizard
    I feel the pain of everyone, I'm getting the same room I have had in the past and I too have seen a big price increase.
    What I find really interesting is something Bodhi had mentioned to me. Why is it that the weeks before and after DC, the same room is $139 to $159 (weekend) a night??

Chris or blackbeetle,
    Has anyone talked to the AP yet?

-FRESHMAN

Leave a comment:

• pezz
    replied
    OP: you stay at the St. TroPEZZ correct?

Leave a comment:

• highwizard
    Guest replied
    I feel the pain of everyone, I'm getting the same room I have had in the past and I too have seen a big price increase.

Leave a comment:

• Gadsden
    replied
    Originally posted by astcell
    This year I'm going for the smallest room again. It was $99 last year, this year it is $119. I called to extend the stay by one day earlier and they wanted $139!

Yes, they are getting greedy.
    It was $129 a night for me.. I guess they decided to split the difference..

Leave a comment:

• blackbeetle
    replied
    Well, as it is, all the relevant people who we would speakt ot are gone for the weekend. We will do our best to get everything resolved quickly and tidily.

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied
    This year I'm going for the smallest room again. It was $99 last year, this year it is $119. I called to extend the stay by one day earlier and they wanted $139!

Yes, they are getting greedy.
    Last edited by astcell; March 5, 2004, 22:01.

Leave a comment:

• octalpus
    replied
    I've noticed that this year, the prices are exorbitantly high. Normally, the "Defcon" rate is $25 more per night than the regular rack rate. This is sucky, but it's been discussed before. This year, however, it seems the rates are $50 higher than the usual rates. That's not only a major increase from what we've been paying for the last several years, but it's flat out highway robbery.

I really hope this gets fixed. Until then, I'll be staying next door, where there are reasonable rates, a genuinely helpful staff, and free breakfast.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X