Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• astcell
    replied
    Grifter, Mormon is more proper than LDS to me and millions of others. No offense intended, but at the same time, no apology offered.

Leave a comment:

• Grifter
    replied
    Originally posted by astcell
    Okay if it is LDS, then what is a Mormon?
    Mormon is just another term for a Latter Day Saint. It was originally meant to be derogatory because of the LDS people were thought to be followers of the prophet Mormon, not Jesus, due to the title of the book. It has since lost the derogatory feel but the proper term is indeed LDS or Latter Day Saint.

EDIT: By the way, we believe in Jesus. After all it is the "Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints".

Leave a comment:

• Gadsden
    replied
    Originally posted by lil_freak
    When you talk to your dad again you could always mention the fact that there will be Federal Agents at DefCon and they keep watch over us. (my mom bought it once, quite a while ago :) )

Of course questions and fear could arise out of why do the Feds go and why do they watch over some of us. So you might not want to take my advice but its up to you.

*Just be forewarned.*
    My dad used that excuse to try to talk me out of going to defcon.. ("They are watching that! You will get on a list!"). Of course, I was 25 at the time and had been on my own since 18, so there was little he could do.

You could always show him some pictures from the con.. that may help him make up his mind!

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied
    Originally posted by murakami
    No jackets. Feds wear jackets, cheap ones.

And it's LDS, not Mormon.
    Feds wear jackets even in 110 degree Las Vegas?

Okay if it is LDS, then what is a Mormon?

Leave a comment:

• murakami
    replied
    Originally posted by astcell
    Mormons = Feds?
    No jackets. Feds wear jackets, cheap ones.

And it's LDS, not Mormon.

Leave a comment:

• 3lM0
    replied
    Grifter and I are the only ones that under stand the multiplying thing since we live there. thanks for the ideas ill try the one about the local people being with me.

Leave a comment:

• EeeekPenguins
    replied
    Well if you know some locals that are going you might want to have them talk to your parents. If they can maybe they will also keep track of you.

Leave a comment:

• Chris
    replied
    Originally posted by {x}taSy
    Most deaths in Vegas are from natural causes.
    Yes...like the "little death"

Leave a comment:

• {x}taSy
    replied
    Most deaths in Vegas are from natural causes.

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied
    Originally posted by murakami
    Yeah we see y'all all over the place. White shirts, black pants, dorky haircuts. Always come in pairs. :D
    Mormons = Feds?

Leave a comment:

• murakami
    replied
    Originally posted by Grifter
    We don't Die! We multiply!!

Yeah we see y'all all over the place. White shirts, black pants, dorky haircuts. Always come in pairs. :D

Leave a comment:

• wetw3rx
    replied
    Gawd! I feel really frigging old. Maybe you can tell your dad that the deaths in Vegas are all from old age, ok,...bad idea

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied
    And then we have those high calibre AP security guards....

Leave a comment:

• lil_freak
    replied
    Originally posted by 3lM0
    After I got done talking to my dad and he told me that "people die there" I said well people die in the hospitol, in cars, on the streets, and almost everywhere else. The only thing he said after that was "duh you know what I mean". I think Im going to talk to him tonight again

When you talk to your dad again you could always mention the fact that there will be Federal Agents at DefCon and they keep watch over us. (my mom bought it once, quite a while ago :) )

Of course questions and fear could arise out of why do the Feds go and why do they watch over some of us. So you might not want to take my advice but its up to you.

*Just be forewarned.*

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied
    Maybe Dad is jealous and wishes he could die in Vegas. :> Search for ther thread "How do you want to die?" for some good ideas. :D

The biggest thing against you is your age. You will not be able to get a hotel or medical attention (in case you are about to die).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X