X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nonesuch
    replied
    Originally posted by Quiet_Wolf
    There's a gun show at the Cashman Center same time Defcon will be happening. Anyway, we can tie this into the shoot?
    Sounds like an interesting destination to visit on the way back from the shoot?

Cashman Center Gun & Knife Show:
    http://www.nsrpa.us/gunshows.html
    July 31, August 1, 2004
    Gun & Knife Shows
    (R. K. Shows)
    Las Vegas Cashman Center
    850 N. Las Vegas Blvd.
    Las Vegas, Nv.
    Looks like the show runs 9-5, anybody want to call and find out the admission fee and age restrictions?

Leave a comment:

• Quiet
    replied
    There's a gun show at the Cashman Center same time Defcon will be happening. Anyway, we can tie this into the shoot?

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied
    Can someone bring a large mirror along, like a medicne chest mirror? I can stand behind you with my camera as you are firing. We can put the mirror about 15 feet down range and I can take a picture into the mirror so it appears I am on the receiving end of the bullets. As long as no one shoots the mirror, this can provide some great pictures especially on full auto.

Leave a comment:

• Frost
    replied
    I may bring my Sigma along. I'm a bowhunter, and I carry this as a sidearm backup when I hunt bears. I rarely get to shoot it, so this will be fun!

Leave a comment:

• noid
    replied
    Originally posted by renderman
    On another vein of this topic; for those of us traveling across the borders of your paranoid land, any idea the going rate among attendees to pay for ammo and squeeze off a few rounds from various weapons we don't find around here?

Go hit ammoman.com to get a rough idea of what things cost. However, dont just expect someone to have extra of whatever caliber you need. If you need something, plan on making a wal-mart run early, or contacting one of us ahead of time to make sure we bring out what you need.

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied
    That's a given. I was thinking about shooting from the air. :D

Leave a comment:

• renderman
    replied
    Originally posted by astcell
    Just one year I'd like to experience the Defcon Shoot and the Defcon Jump at the same time....
    What if the DC jump landing zone was the DC shoot? DC skeet shoot?

On another vein of this topic; for those of us traveling across the borders of your paranoid land, any idea the going rate among attendees to pay for ammo and squeeze off a few rounds from various weapons we don't find around here?

Leave a comment:

• EeeekPenguins
    replied
    Originally posted by LAX WiFi
    When I first heard of this forum about 2 weeks ago, I thought it was great that there were all these people who share my interest in computers, networks, programming, linux, and all the rest of the so-called "geeky" things that I am involved in. But now, I realize that every day, I find a new thing that many people in the forum share interest in!
    My father still thinks the forum is filled with lack-wit, hacking thugs, so there is no way that I will be going this year, and that is discounting my lack of funds...
    I hope you will let me know how the shoot goes!
    What does this have to do with the DC shoot?

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied
    Just one year I'd like to experience the Defcon Shoot and the Defcon Jump at the same time....

Leave a comment:

• LAX WiFi
    replied
    When I first heard of this forum about 2 weeks ago, I thought it was great that there were all these people who share my interest in computers, networks, programming, linux, and all the rest of the so-called "geeky" things that I am involved in. But now, I realize that every day, I find a new thing that many people in the forum share interest in!
    My father still thinks the forum is filled with lack-wit, hacking thugs, so there is no way that I will be going this year, and that is discounting my lack of funds...
    I hope you will let me know how the shoot goes!

Leave a comment:

• noid
    replied
    If you're 18 or older, you are welcome to attend. If you are a minor, you need to have a parent or legal guardian with you. Basically, we only want people shooting that are old enough to take responsibility for themselves or baring that accompanied by someone old enough to take responsibility for them.

Leave a comment:

• EeeekPenguins
    replied
    Originally posted by noid
    I fired one of these a while back, really fun gun. I'm thinking about getting one myself. Especialy since it will take high-cap Barretta 92 magazines. I want a carbine in a pistol caliber and these are far cheaper than a 9mm AR-15 or an HK-94 (or even a SW5). I like the bottom mounted rail and full length pic rail on top.

I dont have mine yet, but my cousin has one and I fire it quite regularly with him. I really enjoy it as well. I hope I have the funds to purchase one before DC and be able to bring it to the shoot. Would there be any reservations about me attending the shoot with me being only 18? I believe I meet all the legal requirments but I'am not sure if there are any personal issues among the attendees and organizers of the shoot.

Leave a comment:

• noid
    replied
    So we dont get too off topic, I just want to remind everyone that we do have a DC Shoot mailing list. You can mail majordomo [at} 23 ]dot[ org and put 'subscribe dcshoot' in the message body. You will then be wisked away to a futuristic wonderworld.

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied
    Yea, we're so safe here in CA. Maybe we can't have it because Priest lives here.

Leave a comment:

• skroo
    replied
    Originally posted by noid
    I'm thinking about getting one myself.
    Goddamit. There's no way that's getting sold here. Fucking California.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X