No announcement yet.

Is there live music at defcon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't suppose we can stream Defcon TV over the Internet?

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
      I don't suppose we can stream Defcon TV over the Internet?
      If you pay for the hosting, I think they'd be enthused.

Comment

Let me rephrase that.

I don't suppose THEY can stream Defcon TV over the Internet?

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
          Let me rephrase that.

I don't suppose THEY can stream Defcon TV over the Internet?

Well considering that I'm looking at saturating a DS3 with just a small bitrate audio stream, it just isn't effective to do video streaming.

Plus they like to sell the video's at a future point, remember defcon is a business, no wait it's an underground hacker event, no it's a big anti-AA meeting...
          Imagination is greater than knowledge * Albert Einstein
          Every day is a good day, whether you like it or not! * DMZ

Comment

The past few years I have been learning/getting involved with film & tv broadcasting. Last year one of the things I wanted to do was film and edit together 3-5 minute "Behind the con" type segments that would feature interviews with speakers & anything else that's interesting. Maybe do a piece of the shoot or scavenger hunt. Then provide them to the DTV staff to cycle them into the regularly schedule broadcast and can be used for future cons.

I still think such a thing would be fun to do. I can even bring along my portable greenscreen and interview people with psychadelic backgrounds and/or do the voice/face alterations to "protect their identity". I could easily spit out a couple of short interviews each day.

Comment

Working...
            X