X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• highwizard
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by bascule
    What should I do about submitting my paper? I haven't received a bounce message... yet... is there somewhere else I should send it?

Just hold tight and wait till they're back from blackhat.

Leave a comment:

• bascule
    replied
    Originally posted by Chris
    We know our mail is jacked. DT is in Amsterdam for BH Europe so calling is pretty much a no go.
    A message has been sent to him through a third party about the mail server (it's actually a DNS issue in all probability). The problem started about 6 hours ago.

When it gets resolved, someone may or may not let you know ;)
    What should I do about submitting my paper? I haven't received a bounce message... yet... is there somewhere else I should send it?

Leave a comment:

• Chris
    replied
    Originally posted by guano
    Has anyone else noticed that it is impossible to email anyone at "blackhat.com" or "defcon.org"?

For example:
    Email to "grifter@defcon.org" bounces with the message:
    =============
    Reporting-MTA: dns; comcast.net
    Arrival-Date: 18 May 2004 16:13:48 +0000

Final-Recipient: rfc822; <grifter@defcon.org>
    Action: failed
    Status: 5.1.0 MAIL FROM: <guano@mydomain> 553 REPLY: 553_5.1.8_<guano@mydomain>..._Domain_of_sender_add ress_guano@mydomain_does_not_exist
    Diagnostic-Code: smtp; Permanent Failure: Other address status
    Last-Attempt-Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 16:13:59 -0000
    =============

NOTE: I used real email addresses, from my own domain, my company's domain, and even my "comcast.net" address.

I also tried emailing "jmoss@blackhat.com" and it bounces the same way.

Then I tried calling Jeff from the phone number on the Blackhat contact web page:
    1-206-790-3628
    beep Beep BEEP
    We're sorry. We cannot complete your international call.

Since there is NO WAY that I can see to contact the folks at Blackhat or Defcon, how are you supposed to contact anyone?

We know our mail is jacked. DT is in Amsterdam for BH Europe so calling is pretty much a no go.
    A message has been sent to him through a third party about the mail server (it's actually a DNS issue in all probability). The problem started about 6 hours ago.

When it gets resolved, someone may or may not let you know ;)

Leave a comment:

• guano
    started a topic How do you contact?

How do you contact?

Has anyone else noticed that it is impossible to email anyone at "blackhat.com" or "defcon.org"?

For example:
    Email to "grifter@defcon.org" bounces with the message:
    =============
    Reporting-MTA: dns; comcast.net
    Arrival-Date: 18 May 2004 16:13:48 +0000

Final-Recipient: rfc822; <grifter@defcon.org>
    Action: failed
    Status: 5.1.0 MAIL FROM: <guano@mydomain> 553 REPLY: 553_5.1.8_<guano@mydomain>..._Domain_of_sender_add ress_guano@mydomain_does_not_exist
    Diagnostic-Code: smtp; Permanent Failure: Other address status
    Last-Attempt-Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 16:13:59 -0000
    =============

NOTE: I used real email addresses, from my own domain, my company's domain, and even my "comcast.net" address.

I also tried emailing "jmoss@blackhat.com" and it bounces the same way.

Then I tried calling Jeff from the phone number on the Blackhat contact web page:
    1-206-790-3628
    beep Beep BEEP
    We're sorry. We cannot complete your international call.

Since there is NO WAY that I can see to contact the folks at Blackhat or Defcon, how are you supposed to contact anyone?
Working...
X